dozer996

Road Trip

I won a football throwing competition and the prize was 4 tickets to a Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red Wings game tonight. Just finishing up the game, we lost...Penguins score 4 goals in the 3rd period to take the win.

Great city, the fans and general folks I ran into were fantastic.

Here are a few pics from the couple days.

Octopus tacos, the famous Primanti Bros, Ica skating in the market square, and my son caught a puck.

1893da4001bd2cf5459fa10320592607.jpg

2ec290d494e555184b674c5d438d2a8a.jpg

57bf97d942397631cb7811ee27c02815.jpg

9e82eceb623919c4cae2cff49d7751c4.jpg

605403eb245f4f236bb2ac0159ebe81c.jpg

5db328ae55f1823b398ac05c20633724.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! I grew up in Pittsburgh, lived there for 40 years, and am a huge Penguin's fan. Sorry your team lost, though.

I miss a good Primanti's sandwich.

I was in the Fort Lauderdale area at the end of last week for business and never had a chance to go to the Primanti's there.

• Like 1

Nice! I grew up in Pittsburgh, lived there for 40 years, and am a huge Penguin's fan. Sorry your team lost, though.

I miss a good Primanti's sandwich.

I was in the Fort Lauderdale area at the end of last week for business and never had a chance to go to the Primanti's there.

My wife and I commented on how nice the Pittsburgh sports fans were. We saw 50% of the population wearing Steelers gear, makes me want to be a fan!!!! Very cool atmosphere.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dozer996 said:

My wife and I commented on how nice the Pittsburgh sports fans were. We saw 50% of the population wearing Steelers gear, makes me want to be a fan!!!! Very cool atmosphere.

For the most part, they are friendly and well behaved fans. Steeler games can get worse due to the hours of pre-game tailgating.

Owning Steeler gear is a requirement of residency. lol My wife always laughs at the number of Steeler shirts you will see at a Pirate or Penguin game. Only the Pirate/Penguin superfans have gear for those teams, but everyone has Steeler stuff.

Everywhere we go on trips, we see Steeler gear. We always take bets on how many things we will see in a day. In an airport, you can always tell which gate is going to Pittsburgh by counting Steeler logos.

Our 'best' Steeler logo sighting so far was in Las Vegas, there was a guy with an artificial leg that was Steeler themed.

• Like 1