Aussie Ora

Maybe my first tri tip

Tri-Tip is my favorite piece of Beef.. period.  I do cook ribs and brisket also but never cook steaks anymore. Tri-Tips just have the best beef flavor for me.  I buy wagyu Tri-Tips by the case and love them hot and cold in a salad.  For salads I use the 5-6 Wagyu and to impress I use the 7-8 wagu.. which is pushing short-rib like marbling.
A Tri-Tip is not a cut but a complete muscle at the very end of the sirloin.  The AU butchers cut off the top third which creates the shape Chris bought.  I've gotten these too.. 

Cutting little slits with the tip of a pairing knife with the direction of the grain before you cook them helps because the grain often turns on the piece and when it plumps up it's often tough to see it.. these lil' cuts let you see it easily.   Also shining a flashlight across the grain in a pinch lets you see it too..  ALWAYS cut across the against/across the grain and on a bias . Cutting on a bias is done by tilting the top of your blade towards the meat.. this cut makes the meat look thicker.. just for presentation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

Cool cheers Dennis it's confirmed I had tri tip yey it did taste good. And was cheap

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

If you ever run across the opportunity to try the wagyu version, I would reluctantly urge you to do so. You may end up knocking over liquor stores to support the new habit so proceed with caution.

• Like 2

If you ever run across the opportunity to try the wagyu version, I would reluctantly urge you to do so. You may end up knocking over liquor stores to support the new habit so proceed with caution.

I'm thinking of getting some wagu for Chrissy maybe not tri tip. I know what you mean on price being into bbq is like being on ice lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk