TenBladeScalpel

New Owner in Seattle area

I received my 23 KK on Friday.  It took us a few days to get it up to the patio.  We had to go up 10 stone steps.  We grilled several rib eyes as a payment for the help.  I was an owner of the old Kamado cooker.  I must have been lucky because I didn't have all the problems that others describe.  I think I was an early buyer before most of the issues.  I gave it away to a friend when we moved from Nashville to Seattle several years ago.  

Regardless, the KK is unbelievable!  The quality of construction, material, design, and function is 1000 times better.  There is no way that I could ever own any other ceramic type cooker after seeing and using the Komodo Kamado. 

I plan to use it for the rib roast on Christmas.  I am eager to try brisket, butts, and ribs again, too.

Here is my new toy on the patio. 

IMG_6612.jpeg

Edited by TenBladeScalpel
spelling
  • Like 1

Welcome to the KK fan club!  You are going to have a long time of enjoyment out of your cooker.

I don't know if you have cooked on any other kamado style cookers before but you purchased the RollsvvRoyce of cookers.

Not sure exactly where you are in the Puget Sound area but if you are ever up for a Group Buy on any of the products please let me know since I am on the other side of the Sound from Seattle.

Cheers!

Stephen

Edited by FotonDrv

beautiful spot for that new KK.  You are going to love it.  I just want to give some advice of maybe shipping or screwing something down behind the KK.  I can't tell for sure but it looks like a bit of a drop off behind it.  I would maybe just drill into the stone a small piece of wood metal to prevent it from rolling back. 

Do you have any more photos of the deliver or setup?  We love photos!

Welcome

Looks great!

2 hours ago, bosco said:

beautiful spot for that new KK.  You are going to love it.  I just want to give some advice of maybe shipping or screwing something down behind the KK.  I can't tell for sure but it looks like a bit of a drop off behind it.  I would maybe just drill into the stone a small piece of wood metal to prevent it from rolling back. 

Do you have any more photos of the deliver or setup?  We love photos!

Welcome

I used some plastic shims (used to level toilets) under my wheels to prevent my KK from scooting off the patio and meeting a very ugly end.