otter

32 B&B and guru

Has anyone used a guru with the 32" beast yet? I've been having problems getting my setup to get to temperature without augmenting the damper doors.  I have both a procom and a digique, which have been used on my previous 23" KK and previously on K5/K7 and even the K9.  I'm currently using a single fan but I am thinking I need more CFM(another fan).  I've got a call into BBQ Guru but wanted to see if anybody here has some thoughts.

Cheers!

Chris

OK, so in the spirit of RTM, I figured out that the fans that I have are the 10CFM variety.  Guru offers the 25CFM fans so I'm going to get one of these in and try it.  Interesting that it worked on the K9, however, it was probably because it had "damper openings" all over it! :shock:

• Like 1

The 25 will be plenty, I would've thought the 10 would be enough. I have a 23, so I really can't speak to the 32, but I do know that the efficiency of a KK is such that the added airflow of even a small fan should do the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm also surprised the 10 fan wasn't enough... I don't use a guru but small adjustments to my vents can have me jumping up in increments of 10F no problem!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greetings otter,

I have a BB 32 and use a 4CFM blower with no problems. These sookers are extermely efficient without using a Guru. I use mine every blue moon since I have it and it usually sparks conversation with guests.

If you purchased a 10CFM blower, you would have to partially close the damper on the blower.

A 25CFM blower is not recommended.

Good luck and keep us posted.

This is very surprising.  I have a 23" and on the few occasions I've stuck the Guru's 10CFM fan on there, I have to use the damper on the fan to block the airflow about 75%.  Even then I can still get my grill pretty hot with the Guru if I want.  I know you have a 32" but 25CFM seems like it'd be overkill.