Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MacKenzie

Sous Vide Steak and PC Fries

I need some pressure cooked fries so what better than to sous vide some steak and have steak and fries. :)

This pixs is for Tony. ;)

PC Fries.jpg

Steak and fries plated. Fried, 2mins at level 1 in the PC and about 3 mins. in the hot oil.:)

Steak and Fries.jpg

Steak about 4 hours at 132F and a quick sear.

SV Steak and PC Fries.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 5

Very tasty looking steak and the fries don't look bad either. 

Ditch the ketchup and drizzle some brown gravy over the fries. Not trying to start a war or anything - just sayin ........ LOL 

• Like 3

I use the PC to cook carrots for around six minutes.  Some melted butter and salt a little lemon juice.  Put it into the vitamix on purée.  Delicious. 

Yes, Mt room, I bet those carrots are great. I am trying to eat up my squash before it spoils, 5 mins. and then mash it. It tastes great and a lot faster than roasting.

Damn, looks amazing! How do you think, is it possible to freeze and/or hold in the refrigerator the potatoes after the pressure cooker and before frying? I would like to prepare a larger amount ahead of time and then fry as needed. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Alex74874

Alex, I think freezing the pressure cooked fries would work just fine. Lately I have changed my method of doing fries, I use Philips Airfryer, Avance model. It works wonderfully well on, can you believe it store bought frozen fries. :) 

4 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

It works wonderfully well on, can you believe it store bought frozen fries.

Second that! Did a batch with some onion rings to go with my steak on Friday. I'm leaning on the breaded version over the plain ones. They seem to crisp up better. 

I totally thought you were frying in the pressure cooker until I read through the comments. That sounded dangerous!!!  You really are a pressure cooker fan. What do you think it's best uses are?