FotonDrv

Ribeye and Pie

She definitely had her nose working!  But she is a good dog and knows better to steal something when I am looking :-)   Now if I leave her alone with such a temptation I don't think this 18mo old pup could contain herself.

I was surprised the pie came out as well as it did.  The Ribeye being excellent is a given.

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Nice cook. 

Dang took me about 5 minutes to find the dog. Thought I was going insane for a minute. 

She is the stealth model and is very quiet when she wants to be.   Otherwise she tries to do this, the table is off limits, especially she has grown since this photo was taken!

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

Edited by FotonDrv
  • Like 2

Just now, MacKenzie said:

She sure is gorgeous. :)

Thank you.  She is 81 pounds / 18 mo old and a real live wire!  Smart as a whip, knows the names of all her toys (she has many) AND she knows colors.  Yes, they are color blind but they can recognize shades of whatever.  She knows red, blue, green, yellow, white and black.  There are toys that have variations of these colors so I named those toys with a hyphenated name using the main color first and the secondary color second, like Red-Blue or Blue-Red, and the dogs gets it!  She does all sorts of other things like carry the newspaper from the curb to the back door to deliver it.  Carry packages from the UPS or Fed-Ex guy to the patio to deliver it, you should have seen the look on their faces when she first did it.  She is pretty amazing and so far is showing great signs of being able to follow a scent.  Lots of training to do yet, and lots of fun.  The smoker is a distraction/training exercise for her.

11 hours ago, ckreef said:

My sister would love her. She has 4 German Sheppards. All very well trained/behaved. One of them will pickup and bring to you whatever you point at or whatever you drop. 

I think mine will get to the point and retrieve level within 6 months, when she is 2 years old.  It is amazing at what they soak up mentally at this young age.  This particular dog is my 6th German Shepherd but I have never owned more than 2 at a time.  2 is really a handful and when trained to do it they will tow you at warp speed if you are on a skateboard, you know, Gee, Haw, Mush and whoa, it works like a charm!

Now I need to put wheels on a walker and try it with one dog.

fullsizeoutput_b0e.jpeg

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, FotonDrv said:

She is the stealth model and is very quiet when she wants to be.   Otherwise she tries to do this, the table is off limits, especially she has grown since this photo was taken!

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

Love the pooch, I had a female shepherd when was young boy best dog ever! Did she have a surgery of some type?

She had two things happen, but what is visible there is the shaved patch for allergy testing.  She scratches herself to destruction/infection and has been treated for the past 6 months, but it seems to have zero effect.  So I am feeling like it is a psychosomatic when she get nervous she scratches.  What you cannot see is a later shaved patch for spaying.  She is a very smart dog, to smart, and fun to train.  Knows the names of all her toys AND the color of them!!  She works to voice (2 languages) and hand signals and whistle toots and since she is only 19 mo old I suspect I will have her driving me home from a pub in a few years :-)  We also use her to take things from one spouse to the other.

IMG_2702.JPG