Shuley

Thermoworks Smoke question

So happy I got a thermoworks smoke thermometer for Christmas! The one and only thing I really wanted for Christmas (other than some hammer gel for running and my now soon to be ordered rotisserie). Anyway, the meat probe does not fit in through the thermometer port on my KK. I was wondering if anyone had tried the pliability of the probes. I was able to bend the probe on my maverick meat thermometer to fit, but I don't want to try it on my new toy unless anyone else has had success. Otherwise I will just let the meat probe wire through the gasket. Merry Christmas!

Shuley, I put mine between two deck floor boards and slowly straightened it. Check it between bending tries and just do it enough so that it will go thru the KK port. The Smoke is a great system you will love it.

I did this with my hands with my maverick. Glad it can be done with smoke as well. I am really looking forward to using it. Particularly since the grill probe can withstand temps of over 325!!! Lol

You can use any of the pro series probes with the Smoke. I picked up two of the straight penetration probes so that I have the option to use two meat probes when I don't care about grate temp. In case you haven't noticed, these probes are currently discounted 30%:

http://www.thermoworks.com/Handheld-Probes/Probes/Pro-Series

12 hours ago, Shuley said:

So happy I got a thermoworks smoke thermometer for Christmas! The one and only thing I really wanted for Christmas (other than some hammer gel for running and my now soon to be ordered rotisserie). Anyway, the meat probe does not fit in through the thermometer port on my KK. I was wondering if anyone had tried the pliability of the probes. I was able to bend the probe on my maverick meat thermometer to fit, but I don't want to try it on my new toy unless anyone else has had success. Otherwise I will just let the meat probe wire through the gasket. Merry Christmas!

If you take out the rubber grommet you can get the plug end of the probe through the hole. Slice one side of the grommet with a sharp knife and it will slip over the wire. Put it back in place and you're sealed.

55 minutes ago, billg71 said:

If you take out the rubber grommet you can get the plug end of the probe through the hole. Slice one side of the grommet with a sharp knife and it will slip over the wire. Put it back in place and you're sealed.

The new plugs (which shuley probably has) already have the slice in them. 

My grommet already does have a slit. :). Luckily I was able to bend the probe just enough. I will be using it for the first time tonight!! Looking forward to it.