tony b

Peach vs Cherry

Did a bit of a throwdown tonight. Wanted to try the new peach rub and sauce on some pork chops, so I decided to pair it up with my favorite cherry rub and sauce. Here's the setup.

20161227_170021.jpg

Onto the grill, direct heat with a chunk of apple wood (didn't want to bias the cook with either cherry or peach wood).

20161227_173907.jpg

At the end of the cook, I basted each side with their respective sauces (about 5 minutes on each side). And done.

20161227_175815.jpg

Plated with some SV mashed potatoes (Success - FINALLY!!) and roasted Brussels Sprouts w/a drizzle of good Balsamic. Cheap Trader Joes Syrah to go with.

20161227_180047.jpg

Money Shot.

20161227_180104.jpg

So, in the head to head, I'd give a very slight edge to the Peach rub/sauce combo over the Cherry. It wasn't a big difference, just tonight, I preferred the Peach. And, in the end, all I can say is - Damn, this is fun!! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

Can't quite read the labels. What are the rubs and sauces?

I only know about the peach rub. 

Welch's Country Smokehouse - a local Macon butcher that makes and sells rubs and sauces.  They have a web site you can order from. That is their Peach Brandy BBQ Rub.  It's good stuff.  I have some and I sent Aussie a bottle a while back. 

• Like 1

Sorry about the fuzzy labels - I was using the camera phone.

The cherry rub and sauce are Billy Bones Triple X. 

http://www.billybonesbbq.com/index-1.html

Ckreef hit the nail on the head with the Welch's peach rub and I got the sauce on their website, too. I give them a :smt023

@MacKenzie - 3 Small dice red potatoes (peeled) with 2 TB butter and seasonings in the SV bath @ 193F for about 90 minutes. I turned off the Anova around 75 minutes, but left the bag in the bath to stay warm while I cooked the chops. Hand mashed with some added sour cream, 1/2-n-1/2, and roasted garlic to the butter mix in the bag. Happy!! Next time, even more butter!

• Like 1