FotonDrv

Cold Smoker w/Pump

I can see the price of the Cold Smoker in the web site but the Shipping Calculator does not seem to work.  So, has anyone about 1K miles from Carson Ca. purchased one and could tell me the shipping costs?  I am in the Seattle area and to my home from Carson it is 1170 miles.

I have no clue but if you want it just grab it . Im looking at getting one .love the pot but being in total control of the smoke sounds pretty good to me you dont get that with the pot .but in saying that the pot is a great idea and works extremly well once sealead. your lucky you can get it locally I'm sure I will need a bigger postage stamp than you lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I have no clue but if you want it just grab it . Im looking at getting one .love the pot but being in total control of the smoke sounds pretty good to me you dont get that with the pot .but in saying that the pot is a great idea and works extremly well once sealead. your lucky you can get it locally I'm sure I will need a bigger postage stamp than you lol

Does smoking pot help your cooking? :-P

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Does smoking pot help your cooking? :-P

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had a hard time finding smoking wood so when I first got my kj classic the smoke was from the lump and I enjoyed that since then I have been able to get hold of some .and the pot method has been teriffic. It really adds a different texture to my cooks along with certain rubs it's a great way to get great smoke taste .I'm looking at getting the smoker for ease of control the funny thing is I finally found nice chunks of wood but am revirting back to chips lol

6 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

I don't remember how much I paid to have my cold smoker delivered but I live in Fremont which is in between Oakland and San Jose California. I don't think is really too much money 

Had a buddy who was a cop in San Leandro for many years so I know that it is about 400 miles from Carson, but that is only about 1/3 the way.  I was just hoping to get a rough idea of shipping.

There is no weight listed for the unit w/air pump on the web site so I cannot calculate the freight charges on my own.

I know it is possible to get smoke out of the cast iron pot but the control and the added hassle is not something I desire, so the Cold Smoker seems to be the ticket! :-)

27 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Stephen I checked my PayPal account and I think I paid about $15 and some change To have this cold smoker sent to my house

Thanks Bruce, it gives me an idea that it might cost $30 to get it all the way up here.  Now I can talk with my budget consultant (my better 1/2).

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

One day when I no longer have to take random pee tests. Of course by then it'll probably be legal. 

I wouldn't hold your breath, it might be painful to pass a Small Split Smoking Chunk :-)

BTW, I put the Cold Smoker into the "Cart" and THEN it would spit out the shipping fees; $18!!  Very reasonable.

• Like 1

Just now, tony b said:

So, did you pull the trigger or were you just "window shopping?" 

More or less window shopping.  Now I know what it costs at my door but the other part of the equation is if we are adding smoking wood for flavor to the cooked items them we would want charcoal that has zero flavor imparted to the cooked item, isn't that correct?  In other words we need to use CoCoChar. 

I have found that stuff to be excellent in leaving little or no ash (very clean burning) but it is impossible to get without buying a grill.  It seems a bit excessive to be buying a grill every time you need charcoal :-)

2 minutes ago, FotonDrv said:

but it is impossible to get without buying a grill.  It seems a bit excessive to be buying a grill every time you need charcoal :-)

Funny! 

Assume you know about the Forum section for posting requests for pallet shares? I did one many moons ago with @Firemonkey, but he doesn't seem to hang out here much anymore. HINT, HINT!!! I'd love to score some coffee wood charcoal and smoking wood. 

2 minutes ago, tony b said:

Funny! 

Assume you know about the Forum section for posting requests for pallet shares? I did one many moons ago with @Firemonkey, but he doesn't seem to hang out here much anymore. HINT, HINT!!! I'd love to score some coffee wood charcoal and smoking wood. 

I have asked in several Threads and not so much as a nibble!  It feels pretty lonely in the Pacific Northwest.  If I had known it would be so tough to get a product I would have purchased at the time of purchase of the BB32.

Edited by FotonDrv