starter 30 day cake.jpgstarter 30 day cake 1.jpgPosted this question on the Kamado Guru forum and thought I would list it here also, have any of you good bakers tried or made a 30 day cake? Just like the name says it takes about 30 days to make and it is so good. Like a sourdough you will need a starter to begin with then start the process of making the cake. There are a lot of starter recipes for it on the web but if you know someone who already got one growing get some, just like sourdough the older the starter the better the recipe! My mom uses a starter from way back..

Garvin

Edited by Garvinque

8 hours ago, tinyfish said:

Must be really good to wait 30 days. 

It really is! The first time my mom made some I was not really feeling fruitcake, but after she explain to me the difference between the two and I tried a piece I never look back. I posted the recipe for the starter and the cake in baking section on the site here and Kamado Guru! If you can find someone with an extra starter you will only have wait 30 days but if your starting from scratch it's almost 60 days. Once you have a starter built you should never run out and the process is only 30 days. When you read the recipe you will understand the wait time give it a try you will not be disappointed!

Garvin