golfpro2301

Hammered KK

2 hours ago, golfpro2301 said:

Quick question. I was reading thru a broken tile thread where water was escaping when heated up. Since I just layed down new refractory cement on top should I crank it up to high heat to get out any water or is that not needed?

That is a good question. How long does it say for the cement to be fully cured (not just dry)?

3 hours ago, golfpro2301 said:

Quick question. I was reading thru a broken tile thread where water was escaping when heated up. Since I just layed down new refractory cement on top should I crank it up to high heat to get out any water or is that not needed?

That is a good question and i bet Dennis has the right ans for that

Cement fully cure 24hrs. I ran into a problem that I need your guys help with on best solution. I was emaximining remaining broken tiles on top and noticed the camlp these was a crack at bottom of grout. Checked under cap and the whole thing is cracked all the way across. I have been hammering out center of each tile to remove but am afraid to do it on this. Wondering if I spread coat of cement covering both halves if that would help

20170113_130905.jpg

Thanks Jon. I don't think mine has as shards in it. It was built in 2012. If it doesn't looks like Inneed to come up with solution as Dennis said in that post it is probably to late. I had a crazy idea that may work. I ,Amy cut a long rectangle piece out on bottom roughly 1.5 in wide and 1/2in deep. Then scoop in a small amount of refractory cement then a piece of metal flat bar and cover it all back up with cement again. I saw this done with ceramic pots and copper wire.

someone else just sent the tiles and the bolt back to Dennis and he made them a new cap.  Perhaps you should do the same.

As for the side tables, you should buy a teak wood treatment kit.  Wilburpan on this site recommended a brand.  The side tables came out beautiful, do not use stain!

Patience as this is a fun project and a smoking deal once all fixed up. Dennis is your life line here and will answer everything.

Slow and steady and you are going to have one hell of a gem when it is all finished!

• Like 1