Garvinque

The Madison Avenue!

I place this question here because all of you KK owners will cooking on your KK, so here's the question do you feel this is a fair price for this package from Lobel's?

The Madison Avenue.jpg

The price for the combo package is $149.95 and it's USDA PRIME, The price for Nature Prime is $169.95 and the price for American Wagyu is $348.95!

The USDA Prime Madison Avenue package includes:

• 2 (5 oz.) USDA Prime Filet Mignon
  • 1 (10 oz.) Aged Boneless Strip Steak
  • 1 (22 oz.) Aged Porterhouse Steak
  • They also have what is called the Weekender and consists of the same cuts of meat but more portions and the meat is slightly larger!
  •    
    test

Weekender

This customer favorite collection of classic steaks is available in two sizes in either USDA Prime Beef, Natural Prime Beef, or Wagyu.

The Weekender I package includes:

• 2 (8 oz.) Filet Mignons
    • 2 (12 oz.) Aged Boneless Strip Steaks
    • 2 (22 oz.) Aged Porterhouse Steaks
    • This package is $309.95 USDA PRIME

Total weight of 2 lb, 10 oz for $150 = $57.00/lb plus shipping. I can do a lot better than that for dry-aged beef from my local Whole Foods. Their dry-aged tenderloin runs about 25.99/lb if i remember.

You can get 8 lb, 8 oz. of Aukushi/Angus Wagyu for $365 from Heritage Foods, that's $43/lb for some of the finest beef you'll ever put in your mouth: Steak Lovers Package

Plus shipping, of course. ;)

Edited by billg71
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

I can get a prime strip loin or ribeye primal at Costco for less than $10/lb, butcher and dry age my own. So in short...NO!

Just thinking about a gift to my Dad without going and purchasing and then shipping it to him. That package of meat would give him and his girlfriend about 4 great meals. If I add up the cost of going to Whole Foods and purchasing then having UPS box and ship my costs would be the same. The Madison Avenue package is the one I'm looking at getting for him.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

If it's a gift the price depends on how much enjoyment the receiver will get out of it. For my Dad it wouldn't be too expensive...a gift for myself NO WAY! I agree with everyone else, too pricy. Have you looked at Snake River Farms?

Yes, but being here in NY I tend to try to buy as local as possible! As you said for my Dad not to expensive!!