Garvinque

Italian CheeseCake

5 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Spray can cheese that sounds bad lol you guys like a lot of things in cans seen a few recipes for Cresent dough .is that a croissant dough

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Crescent dough is similar to croissant dough, but not as layered. It's a bit more dense. I think 'Crescent' is one of those brand names that became synonymous with a product. Like, we call all facial tissues "Kleenex" or all bandages "Band Aids"

• Like 1

My Mom is 100% Italian and I grew up eating Italian "cheesecake" using freshly made ricotta ... which I make to this day.   No sour cream, no cream cheese ... think very rustic peasant style ricotta pie.   Over the Thanksgiving Day holiday we tried something new:  We made pumpkin pie with a 50/50 ratio of pumpkin to ricotta.   Not going away :)

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 1

On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 9:09 PM, Bruce Pearson said:

I'm not much of a cook  but it seems to me if you buy a cake and put some cheese on it you'll have a cheesecake. In fact better yet get a cake that is unfrosted in the buy some of that cheese thats in the spray can, 

:smt046

If I am lucky I will live as long as my grandparents both are 103 and in the past year are just starting to slow down. Both have good memories

Great effort my Nan got her letter from the Queen then passed shortly after I think she had enough I Remember here saying to me near the end empathy is all you need

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1