Shuley

Spit rotisserie

The point is only for spearing the meat. Once speared, unscrew the point and remove it (don't lose!). That end goes to the right, pointing toward the motor. The other end unscrews too so you can adjust the length if need be. Once you figure out the length, use blue loctite to keep it there. To insert, push that end into the spring on the left, then guide the other end (the one that had the point) into the other side.

Shuley, unthread the point off then put that end into the rod hole on the left side of the grill. Push it in as it is spring loaded then slide the right hand of the rod down and into the hole on the right side of the grill. The point is only there to make it easier to push the rod through the food.

5 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Shuley, unthread the point off then put that end into the rod hole on the left side of the grill. Push it in as it is spring loaded then slide the right hand of the rod down and into the hole on the right side of the grill. The point is only there to make it easier to push the rod through the food.

You must have a different version. On the production version that Dennis describes in the owner's area (and I have) the pointed end goes to the right -- it is the hex end that is driven by the motor. The other end goes into the spring on the left. 

11 hours ago, Shuley said:

I can't seem to do that either. I had my husband try in case it was my weak woman arms. We must be doing something wrong. I'll probably end up calling Dennis after dinner because I feel stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rotisserie can be a pain in the rear until you get it figured out.  It will be second nature once you get all the parts and pieces in the right place

The rotisserie can be a pain in the rear until you get it figured out.  It will be second nature once you get all the parts and pieces in the right place

Is there a trick to be able to make the "spring loaded plate" inside of the grill springy?? When I push on it with the rod it does not seem to have any give at all.

Is there a trick to be able to make the "spring loaded plate" inside of the grill springy?? When I push on it with the rod it does not seem to have any give at all.

I had to push pretty hard on it when my KK first arrived. Been very springy since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at grill spring is on left side.  

Like others said unscrew the spike after piercing the meat.  Here is a picture of my setup for the spit rod. 

IMG_7535.JPG

mad you can see I put the adjustment piece on the left side.  I adjusted the piece so the rod fits.  I left the spike on the right side as I don't want to be taking the spike on and off on the adjustable side. 

Once you take the spike off push the left side in you should feel some give.  The purpose is so that you push the rod to the left.  When you bring the right side of the rod into place you want to just clear the intake.  When you release the tension from the spring the rod should push right into the right intake.  

Mid it's too long then the adjustable piece needs to be shortened enough that the rod clears a bit.  Take into consideration that when the rod heats up it will expand.  I made the adjustment side a bit smaller to compensate for this.  That way once heated it will still clear when you try to take it out 

3 hours ago, Shuley said:

As Jon said, I had to loosen mine up when I got my rotisserie basket, as my grill was several years old by then. I just squirted some WD-40 in there (wipe up any drips out the hole so it doesn't run down to the charcoal basket), waited a few minutes, and used a screwdriver to keep working the spring plate back and forth until it loosened up. It took several squirts and a little bit of effort, but it finally became "springy" again.