Garvinque

Orange Chipotle BBQ Sauce

This sauce is not my creation but I made it my own by building upon the first batch made. If you follow the recipe it will make about 2 cups of sauce but I double the recipe so I can get 4 cups of sauce. I take 2 cups of the sauce an freeze it for the next batch I make, I build upon the flavors each time the sauce is made. So when the next batch is made I make it just as the recipe calls for and when sauce is about ready to take off the stove I add the original batch to it. Once that is incorporated into the new batch I again pour off 2 cups and freeze and use the remaining 2 cups for what ever was cooking, ribs, beef short ribs etc. See where I am taking this each batch of sauce has some of the original in it and the flavors intensify making for some serious bbq sauce.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup of orange juice

1 1/2 cup of tomato juice

2 TBS Honey

1 TBS Chipotle puree* see below

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp dry orange peel

In a sauce pan over med heat combine orange juice and tomato juice and simmer for 20 mins, then add the remaining ingredients to mixture and simmer for 10 mins more. Cool and put a container until needed or use right away with some pork ribs etc.

Chipotle puree- Take a can of Chipotles in adobo sauce and place in a blender and puree until smooth. This keeps in the fidge for about a week. I add to chili recipes for added heat.

Garvin

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

That sounds refreshing not to hot

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

As you continue to build the sauce each application gets a little more heat, but when I use it for example with pork ribs I use a sweet rub that helps balance the heat and if I am doing beef ribs both my rub and this sauce has heat for their is something about beef and heat that pairs well!

Garvin

3 hours ago, Steve M said:

That looks really good.

I wish they sold single serving chipotles in adobo sauce like packs of ketchup. I don't think I've ever used more than one out of a can.

When I first made this my thoughts was what the heck am I going to do with the rest of this! The person who created this made suggestions of using in stews, and soups, I thought chili and my guess is you can freeze it I didn't because I new I was making chili later that week. The other times this sauce was made the puree usually made it way to the trash after sitting the fidge for a week or so!

Garvin