Winston

Web Store Description, 23" Ultimate

I've got a web store question about the description of each unit....It seem that each unit has a unique identifier in its description and wanted to know what it means.

Example below...what does the bold alphanumeric information mean...any ideas.

23" Ultimate, Olive & Gold Pebble - B6722C (in Carson CA)

23" Ultimate, Olive & Gold Pebble - B6712A (in Carson CA)

Thanks for your time.

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

I've got a web store question about the description of each unit....It seem that each unit has a unique identifier in its description and wanted to know what it means.

Example below...what does the bold alphanumeric information mean...any ideas.

23" Ultimate, Olive & Gold Pebble - B6722C (in Carson CA)

23" Ultimate, Olive & Gold Pebble - B6712A (in Carson CA)

Thanks for your time.

This the unique identifier of that particular unit. Like a serial number. 

If you notice on the KK's that show many numbers of KK's that there are color descriptions that are the same but the color is a bit different, and so is that number.  I think it has something to do with the tiles and the unit on which the tiles are applied.  A serial Number is the best description and to reinforce what I just said, there was/is a bag of spare tiles in the "Spare Parts Box" that comes with the KK's and that bag of tiles has the same serial number.

Pretty cool!

Also realize in many instances there is more units of a particular color than what is listed in the web store. For instance when I bought my Terra Blue there was only one show on the website. I was trying to match my 16" but it wasn't a great match. After talking to Dennis there was actually 4 Terra Blue 19"s in the warehouse (each with a unique serial number). Dennis then sent me a picture of each one so I could pick the best match. Every KK is photographed before leaving the factory. 

Great information and feedback...I was thinking it was something like a serial number and you have confirmed it.

I'm looking forward to the future with a new KK, currently have a Weber Smokey Mountain.....currently working out details like how to inform the wife...lol!

Thanks for the pictures halfsmoke.

Ceramic tiles vary from box to box and batch to batch. A tile color usually has some very dark tiles, lots of middle of the road tiles and some very light tiles. We sort the tiles for shade and tone and then build with these sorted tiles. This gives the grills a more uniform appearance and eliminates streaks or patterns emerging.

The unique grills are all given a unique inventory number.