croadie

Mini Grill Hack

Haven't been here a while - but been using the grill a lot right through all seasons. I love it, every time.

I didn't really know where to post this - but seeing as it was the Sous Vide thing that got me looking for a simple solution this is where i have posted it - admin feel free to move it.

I believe Sous Vide and the KK are a match made in heaven. Numerous uses.

However often I found myself just wanting a quick finish, and firing up Yoda was just too much and too long.

Enter spying a Sportsman Grill by Lodge - gee that looks like it would fit in my KK 23.

Shop around $60 delivered to my door.

I love it, I mostly use it inside the KK unless i already am using the KK, but as more of a grill style BBQ it's an ideal solution.

The KK serves as a great repository, i can have this little thing flamed up and settled down in 20-25 minutes, sear, finish, grill whatever I want for 10 minutes - even smoke it by closing up the KK with everything inside for the last 5 minutes (or less).

It's perfect if you've done Sous Vide Steak, lamb, or chicken filets.

I'll post next time i use it - but I thought I'd show some pic's of how it fits in - it may not sell any more KK's but i think it will extend how we all use the KK, it's one of my best hacks, period.

Excuse the stae of the grill in the pic's it was snowing outside when i cooked 2 nights back.

20170113_112114.jpg

20170113_112103.jpg

• Like 1

What is the advantage of using it inside your KK instead of outside?   Please only use this little grill with that front door closed.  It would be generating MUCH too much heat too close to the silicone gaskets.  It's of course not designed to have charcoal there.  I had problems once with someone filling up the lower grate with charcoal.  Damaged the grill's acrylic jacket because the hot face is not a firebox.