ckreef

Dry Aged Yakatori Meal

I did this cook a few days ago. 4 bones from my Christmas ribeye primal. Dry aged for 28 days. 6 steaks a little over 1 1/4" thick and a good bowl of scraps for steak and cheese sandwiches or stirfry. 

It was getting late, lighting sucked, crappy pictures but you get the idea. 

DAYa.jpg

DAYb.jpg

Turkish aromatic rice. 

DAYd.jpg

DAYf.jpg

Steak and asparagus tips. Mushrooms and bacon. Pineapple. Yup if you want to get asparagus tips on a skewer you have to break out the power tools and pre drill the holes. Prep just isn't as fun without using power tools - LOL. 

DAYc.jpg

DAYg.jpg

3 people, nine skewers and 18" Yakatori grill is a bit over crowded. 

@DennisLinkletter this picture is for you. 

DAYh.jpg

This was a Publix GreenWise choice ribeye primal. Grass fead, black Angus. Cost me $2 per lb more than their regular choice ribeye primal but this was the best tasting most tender dry aged ribeyes I've done yet. Definitely worth the extra $2 per lb. 

The steak and asparagus tips was awesome. Mushrooms and bacon not so much. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

Good to see you use the steak and asparagus skewers. those steaks you trimmed out wow!

Garvin

I appreciate you posting that video. A little  bit of a pain predrilling the holes but a fantastic skewer just the same. Mushroom and bacon would need the bacon precooked until almost done before making the skewers but I should have guessed/known that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Wow that's a great looking meal what's the name of that grill you have there that looks pretty interesting to 

A Yakatori grill by Fire Sense. It's a small cheapie one. Working on something a bit nicer. I'll let you know if I get anywhere with that idea. 

21 hours ago, ckreef said:

Steak and asparagus tips. Mushrooms and bacon. Pineapple. Yup if you want to get asparagus tips on a skewer you have to break out the power tools and pre drill the holes. Prep just isn't as fun without using power tools - LOL. 

DAYc.jpg

Classic move with the power tool!!!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jon B. said:

Classic move with the power tool!!!!!!

Those skewers was so good I'd definitely do them again. Next time I'm buying twice as much asparagus. 

I used a drill with a hole saw once to cut a plug out of a pineapple for a Guru challenge. BBQing and power tools combined makes you fell like a real man - LOL 

• Like 1

As mentioned before my wife and I lost everything in the Valley Fire, except what we had in our vehicles. Shortly after we were invited to dinner with friends/family. Not wanting to show up empty handed I thought I would make a dessert. Well it needed whipping cream and here we are with no mixer. I remembered the 'Redneck' jokes and put a whisk in my drill motor. Worked great!

Whipping Cream.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Paul said:

As mentioned before my wife and I lost everything in the Valley Fire, except what we had in our vehicles. Shortly after we were invited to dinner with friends/family. Not wanting to show up empty handed I thought I would make a dessert. Well it needed whipping cream and here we are with no mixer. I remembered the 'Redneck' jokes and put a whisk in my drill motor. Worked great!

Whipping Cream.jpg

That's awesome. What ever you need to make it work. 

Sorry about your house and belongings but looks like you definitely adapted. 

• Like 1

Whipping Cream.jpg

The universal drill got to lovem sure beats doing it by hand

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1