FotonDrv

Steam Generator

1 hour ago, HalfSmoke said:

Haven't tried it. Might work. Questions:

1. How do you connect the steamer to the KK?

2. Would the steam partially condense before entering the KK? If so, you'll be drizzling liquid water into the KK.

Use the Guru port anf inject the wet steam below the fire thus creating a more pure dry steam. 

18 minutes ago, FotonDrv said:

Use the Guru port anf inject the wet steam below the fire thus creating a more pure dry steam. 

Sorry, but can't help being an engineer. Steam, by definition, is water in the gas phase. Steam doesn't become dry. It's always water molecules. Only a question of what temperature those molecules are (how much energy they have as they translate, vibrate, and rotate). If the steam temp is close to the phase transition point (212F at sea level in a standard atmosphere), then there is some risk that the steam will condense back into water before it enters your KK.

Back to human-speak: I'd try running it cold first (remove the charcoal basket) to make sure what you're injecting is steam and not dribbling water.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

Sorry, but can't help being an engineer. Steam, by definition, is water in the gas phase. Steam doesn't become dry. It's always water molecules. Only a question of what temperature those molecules are (how much energy they have as they translate, vibrate, and rotate). If the steam temp is close to the phase transition point (212F at sea level in a standard atmosphere), then there is some risk that the steam will condense back into water before it enters your KK.

Back to human-speak: I'd try running it cold first (remove the charcoal basket) to make sure what you're injecting is steam and not dribbling water.

That is a good point.  I use the steamer in a steam box that collects the water and allows it to run back into the steam generator.  The moisture that comes from it would be pumped into he KK and not returned to the steamer so I was hoping the this moisture would continue to vaporize.  Pumping it into a cold KK would just create a pool in the bottom.

Currently the way I have used the steamer is into a box with much less volume and on occasion a 12ft long 4"dia tube to steam gunwales, so going into the KK will be an interesting test.

I will take photos/videos.