Garvinque

Double a rub recipe!?

So I have an rub recipe that took two years of adding and subtracting ingredients to come up with I have now. My question to you fine people how to double this recipe without overpowering it. I tried to find some examples on the net and found this. There are some very smart folks on this site would you agree or disagree with what I found?

When increasing salt, pepper, dried herbs, and spices multiply by 1.5 the original recipe amount called for to calculate the new amount needed to double. When increasing the chiles. red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper etc is to multiply by 1.25 the original amount to calculate the new amount in the double recipe. I have coffee in my rub 3 TBS worth, do I add 6 TBS or do 1.5 or 1.25 to double amount of coffee added?

Garvin

Honestly can't see why you wouldn't simply double the ingredients since they're dry and wouldn't react with each other in any way to change flavor. Maybe, in rare instances for wet ingredients, but not dry. If I have a pile of three rocks here and a pile of three rocks there, it's six rocks whether I put them in the same pile or not.