ckreef

Lemon Myrtle Salmon

I knew Lemon Myrtle Flakes would be awesome on fish. Served with a broccoli risotto. 

For the last 3 or 4 risotto cooks I didn't use any saffron because my family isn't really fond of it. I informed them tonight that the next risotto would be a saffron risotto - why? - because I love saffron and it's my turn. 

SBRa.jpg

• Like 2

I knew Lemon Myrtle Flakes would be awesome on fish. Served with a broccoli risotto. 

For the last 3 or 4 risotto cooks I didn't use any saffron because my family isn't really fond of it. I informed them tonight that the next risotto would be a saffron risotto - why? - because I love saffron and it's my turn. 

SBRa.jpg

Ok CK let us in on the details. Lemon myrtle is my favourite indigenous Aussie spice. How did you prepare the salmon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, parisbrownep said:

Ok CK let us in on the details. Lemon myrtle is my favourite indigenous Aussie spice. How did you prepare the salmon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very simple preparation. Wet them down with white balsamic vinegar and sprinkle on the Lemon Myrtle. Let them sit for 20 minutes or so. Towards the end of the cook I basted with butter. I did sort of cheat with this cook giving them a few seconds in the broiler just before serving. Gave a better look to the top but didn't really do anything for the cook. 

With salmon I normally trim off the thin edge so I have a more uniform thickness. It cooks more evenly  that way. I'll save up a bunch of thin edges and cook them another night. I didn't do that this time but I should have. I thought the filets came out a little dry but Mrs skreef and Hawke did not think so. 

Edited by ckreef

Haven't done Hasselback spuds in a while, so that might be the ticket. 

Used the same combo - lemon myrtle and pepper flake seasoning on steamed green beans last night, with a little butter - excellent. I put the lemon myrtle in the steaming water. I've put herbs in my steaming water for most veggies for many years now. Trust me, it works.

• Like 2