Pequod

Help Me Pick A Color

You know I still say that there are a lot worse vices out there that you could be blowing your cash on.  

For me... this is a hobby for the family.  Sure it can get a bit obsessive but the family all gets to enjoy your hobby and passion.  

I always tell my wife that I could be golfing, drinking, smoking, gambling etc. And that could be eating up the cash.  

I seem to remember your wife reluctant in the beginning and then loving the KK.  Not to mention you sold off the smoker and have decided to part with the KJ.  She will be ok with it. 

I also encourage to get that grill before it disappears.  Not one tile job is ever 100% the same and this one looks pretty close if you ask me

• Like 1

This one will be a much easier sell, especially because of the positive experience with the first and the fact that half of my family and Northern VA has invited themselves to my Make Memorial Day Great Again event, and I'm now down to one 23" grill. That just won't do. This one will be an easy sell.

This particular grill isn't listed on the site yet. Either on or about to be on the water. But yeah, gonna call dibs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HalfSmoke said:

especially because of the positive experience with the first and the fact that half of my family and Northern VA has invited themselves to my Make Memorial Day Great Again event, and I'm now down to one 23" grill. That just won't do.

Almost sounds like a practice run. 

They are a nice match. Glad to hear you're pulling the trigger!

Accessory-wise, I'm going to do:

• Basket Splitter
  • Rotisserie spit rod
  • Baking stone
  • Teak side tables
  • Sunbrella cover
  • A mess o' Coffee Char (still have a bunch of CoCo from the first order)

Notably, I'm planning to NOT order:

• Second charcoal basket (keep the coco char in the second basket of the 23, where I figure I'll be doing most of my low n' slows)
  • Rotisserie basket (spit rod instead)
  • Double bottom drip pan (having one for my 23 is sufficient)

Oh...and can't take delivery until March at the earliest -- yard is a muddy/icy pit until then, and February is typically the worst weather month around here.

Edited by HalfSmoke

On 1/28/2017 at 3:25 AM, bosco said:

You know I still say that there are a lot worse vices out there that you could be blowing your cash on.  

For me... this is a hobby for the family.  Sure it can get a bit obsessive but the family all gets to enjoy your hobby and passion.  

I always tell my wife that I could be golfing, drinking, smoking, gambling etc. And that could be eating up the cash. 

Bingo!  The family is included in this hobby and nourished by it.  Not so much with golf, smoking cigars and drinking and gambling, unless of course that too is a family endeavor :-)

That is wonderful.  Great news I personally am very excited for you.  

The accessories seem perfect.  I think the rod will do you well and the double bottom drip I have used with the 23 but never the 32... it's really big and heavy.  

Looks like the perfect setup and can't wait to see it in the yard