Garvinque

Arteflame

1 hour ago, Shuley said:

This looks like fun for parties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Paul said:

Interesting. Looks to be about 6" to 8" of grill space around the outside. Get one of these and I can tell the grandkids its for cooking doughnuts. Although your ABT and stuffed mushrooms look pretty darn good.

Just think everyone can cook their food to their liking! And they make a center grate for all models so you can also grill over direct flames.

Garvin

Insert for 22" grills

I already have various baking steels. I use a round Baking Steel in my KK for various purposes like shown in the video.

The advantage of inverting the geometry is not having to reach over flames to work.

I'm not sure a patent would hold up, if they are attempting to protect this idea. First, the idea is obvious. What they're doing is committing to this idea and bringing it to practice, always the hard part. Second, I've seen variations on this idea in the Asian cooking world, going back centuries. "Obvious" doesn't seem to matter to patent inspectors, but "Prior Art" does.

Dennis could make something like this for us, if it's a good idea. Not having to reach over the flames, grate in center...