Garvinque

TOP 5 Cooking Inventions

Don't try to do your sous vide steak the way he said in the video. That bag will tend to float  and you will get uneven cooking, the air needs to be taken out of the bag.  

Yeah - that was obviously just a "hey look how easy it is" move there. Still; with 10 seconds more you can use the water displacement method to get 95% of the air out of the bag... I've gotta admit that even though I have a full chamber vacuum sealer I often just use zip locks and the water displacement method for anything that only needs a couple of hours.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My 2 cents: I hate these "TOP 5 [place topic here] inventions" they are just collections of recent kickstarters & indigogo projects... should really be top NEW inventions.

And: 2 different rice cookers in the list...
That induction hob with temp control could be useful if you only had a small studio apartment and wanted one hob to do multiple things.
The only thing that I think I'd actually want is the pan lid holder, as per usual the simplest idea is the best!

Checked them out. The "regular" price for 1 lid holder is $25, but they have a "special" going now - 3 lid holders for $50. That's still over $15 each for some bent wire and a plastic handle.

http://lidsitter.com/

And, I'm not sure that it'd work on smaller pots, which is most of what I have. I can see it tipping the whole thing - pot, lid, and holder, over because the center of gravity is shifted outside the pot. 

Checked them out. The "regular" price for 1 lid holder is $25, but they have a "special" going now - 3 lid holders for $50. That's still over $15 each for some bent wire and a plastic handle.
http://lidsitter.com/
And, I'm not sure that it'd work on smaller pots, which is most of what I have. I can see it tipping the whole thing - pot, lid, and holder, over because the center of gravity is shifted outside the pot. 

Yeah... didn't see the price! I'll just wait and see then: if the idea works then a Chinese company will rip them off in a couple of years and I'll get one at the dollar store