EGGARY

32 KK ?

My wife said I could add a 32" KK to go along with the 23" KK that I already have.  For those who have more than one KK, where one is bigger than the other, which is your go-to and how often do you use the other ?  I do have a BGE XL and rarely use it.  I know there are times when I could use a KK with more space.  As for accessories, I am thinking of getting the Basket Splitter, a Drip Pan, a Cover, Pizza Stone.  I also would like to add a Spit Rod for the 23".  Any other accessories I might want to look into ?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I just ordered a 32 to go with my 23. Some thoughts:

• I always own two cookers for the simple reason of being able to run two temps at once. 
  • I had a KJ Classic as my second cooker, but sold it because I never used it. I didn't use it because it's hard to drive a Buick when you're used to a Lamborghini. 
  • I ordered the same accessories as you, but didn't order a drip pan and did order the Roti spit rod. Don't use the drip pan that often, and when I do I have one for the 23. 
  • I anticipate using the 32 a lot for grilling and baking. The shape and basket splitter make it a natural for 2-zone cooking. The larger baking surface means 2 pizzas at once.

I initially wanted two 23" grills.  I liked the idea of sharing accessories.  

Having the 23/32 combo has been amazing.  I use my 23 75% of the time but fire up both for dual temp cooks or large parties.  

I will use the 32" as a warming oven for large family dinners, I cook on it over the 23 for larger grilled meals.  It's a wonderful work station and it allows me to cook a bunch of different things all at once without worrying about space. 

My 32 has become my dedicated smoker.  It can handle multiple racks of ribs, large cuts of meat without concern of where the end of the meat is.  

I also like that I can smoke the family turkey and ham all on one grill for the holidays.  

You won't regret it, I can honestly say that.  It is a big grill but not crazy.  It's a reasonable size and the extra grilling space is wonderful.  

I hope that this helps 

I almost only cook on my 32"  My 23" sometimes, my 19" TT not since early Dec (remember the fur;-).  I leave the basket splitter installed at 50% for pretty much all my cooks.  I'd only take it out if I wanted to brown up an entire upper rack of something.  I just love grilling without my welding gloves..  I can hide behind the hot wall of air and play with my food bare handed. I use a hairdryer to get my charcoal going and I don't really notice much difference in the time to heat soak or the fuel.. gas grill.. Smallest size.. at 30" they start getting more narrow and turn into toys..

My 32" no longer feels big at all..   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tinyfish said:

I have two 23" KK's and ifni had to do it over again I would get a 32" and a 23".

As soon as you got the wifes ok,  the KK should have been ordered. ..just in case she changes her mind. Lol 

Spot on. Once I got the spousal green light on my 32, Dennis had my money within hours. 

3 hours ago, Stile88 said:

why because now you have the big beast 42 lol

I actually don't but that would do the trick.  It's about 50 meters/yards from my parking area over grass to my grilling area where I really don't have room for a 42" anyway..  Not sure how long I will hold out, but for now I'm too lazy to pour a  pad and install one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bosco said:

I agree... don't delay

It was ordered last night.  I even asked my wife about the colors I was choosing from and she was little help.  To her it's a grill.  I explained to her it's like choosing a color of a car., going back and forth from one color to another.  

I went with Vibrant Blue .  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EGGARY said:

It was ordered last night.  I even asked my wife about the colors I was choosing from and she was little help.  To her it's a grill.  I explained to her it's like choosing a color of a car., going back and forth from one color to another.  

congratulations-6.gif

Garvin

14 hours ago, EGGARY said:

That you did ;-)

GaryEggory-A6041H_grande.jpg

• Like 1