EGGARY

32 KK ?

On 2/3/2017 at 3:57 PM, EGGARY said:

It was ordered last night.  I even asked my wife about the colors I was choosing from and she was little help.  To her it's a grill.  I explained to her it's like choosing a color of a car., going back and forth from one color to another.  

I went with Vibrant Blue .  

When she sees it in person the decision to not chime in on color choice might hit her like a pallet of bricks,,, errr BB32, :-)  It is large enough to command an area like a real big NFL player sitting at a kids table...  You notice things like that.

BTW, nice color!!

• Like 1

I hope the driver is willing to put the KK in the backyard.  My concern is getting the KK between the grass to the concrete.  I figure I need some plywood to get the driver with a Pallet Jack to roll it, especially when it weighs a little over 1000lbs.  Then I would be able to dissemble the crate.  Also we have been having rain as well.

2 hours ago, EGGARY said:

I hope the driver is willing to put the KK in the backyard.  My concern is getting the KK between the grass to the concrete.  I figure I need some plywood to get the driver with a Pallet Jack to roll it, especially when it weighs a little over 1000lbs.  Then I would be able to dissemble the crate.  Also we have been having rain as well.

Best to uncrate it and then roll it on it's own wheels/castors over the plywood to it's final destination.

13 hours ago, FotonDrv said:

Lay plywood on the grass, gravel or other surfaces to roll the KK on you you will be fine; they roll easily on smooth surfaces and in fact you will have to slow it down if the lawn has a slope.

That's what I'm referring too....you've got big slopes for a walkout backyard unless you have a larger lot.  I'm trying to imaging how you move a 1000 lb beast down such a slope.

Edited by sumrtym

3 hours ago, sumrtym said:

That's what I'm referring too....you've got big slopes for a walkout backyard unless you have a larger lot.  I'm trying to imaging how you move a 1000 lb beast down such a slope.

First, lighten the load. Remove all of the stainless steel grates and the firebox. That probably gets you down to around 800 lbs. You could also remove the lid if you need to go lighter, but be very careful with how you handle it. @FotonDrv did this masterfully, so look for his move in pics for an example. Next, do some math. What's the slope? The force down the hill is the weight * sin(slope). Now figure out how you're going to distribute that load. In my case, I've got four Army ROTC cadets lined up. Two will be on the downhill side, the other two will be on the uphill side. The uphill cadets will be using a 2x4 looped through ropes on the feet to pull while the others push.