Aussie Ora

Dizzy Cook time

So I started by patting down my chook dry and sprinkled it with baking powder and left it uncovered in the fridge for 5 hours I then melted some duck fat and let it cool I used this to bond my rub Oakridge dominator ca989a30392b74f7b160f63251ae8a27.jpgafter half an hour7374aa1116efeaf77824027c0c330356.jpglooking gooda53846af6f919b4a1108a786aa0c349d.jpg6f965d6fa0f8bc1e1ef27261f124a1ac.jpglook at that yumf2f81b42754f358ea844adc781f6d35b.jpgand carved upb87a87118b66dde1463ba7f71fd50004.jpglooks good hey alright here is the messy shot lol45e2d668df01f9a19d21458229e03e51.jpgso juicy and plated with some veggies definitely will you the duck fat again really crisped up the skin along with the backing powder3aee8a6dc849b750b6729922c44bb70a.jpg
Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 6

Lost it in a wild fire.

Oh yes sorry mate read about that we call them bush fires and when I was about 25 we lived on a farm that got taken out lost everything photos you name it .totally sucks but at least we are alive to tell the tale posessions mean nothing that's what I learnt from that experience lost a lot of things sentimental but I'm alive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

Oh yes sorry mate read about that we call them bush fires and when I was about 25 we lived on a farm that got taken out lost everything photos you name it .totally sucks but at least we are alive to tell the tale posessions mean nothing that's what I learnt from that experience lost a lot of things sentimental but I'm alive

That's the way we feel about it. I lost 2 home and everything inside and around them...but we're alive! I tried to fight it at one of our homes but it got into the treetops. When that happens its time to get the hell out of dodge!  It was the third worst fire in the history of California.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul said:

That's the way we feel about it. I lost 2 home and everything inside and around them...but we're alive! I tried to fight it at one of our homes but it got into the treetops. When that happens its time to get the hell out of dodge!  It was the third worst fire in the history of California.

2 hours ago, Steve M said:

That chook looks amazing. Never tried the baking powder or duck fat before. I need to keep an eye out for the duck fat at the market.

Paul truly sorry to hear about your loss, but as you said better that you and yours are alive!!:) And Steve M better to go online to get some duck fat, and the first thing to make is homefries cook in duck fat nothing compares! Duck fat isn't cheap but worth every penny spent-IMO:smt023

Garvin

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

Paul truly sorry to hear about your loss, but as you said better that you and yours are alive!!:) And Steve M better to go online to get some duck fat, and the first thing to make is homefries cook in duck fat nothing compares! Duck fat isn't cheap but worth every penny spent-IMO:smt023

Garvin

I didn't even think about online. Looks like amazon has it

• Like 1

Excellent idea on the duck fat. I generally do the baking powder/salt rub in the fridge overnight to tighten up the skin. Got duck fat in the freezer - so next time for sure. 

Just hit me - why didn't I use the duck fat on those smashed red potatoes the other night? DUH!

• Like 1