EGGARY

Ghee

Ghee compared to clarified butter:  http://www.epicurious.com/ingredients/difference-between-clarified-butter-ghee-brown-butter-article

I've used Ghee for many years ... started with my interest in cooking all things Indian food at home along time ago.   I love it drizzled over air popped pop corn.   And it makes all things sautéd mushrooms sing.   You'll like it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dozer996 said:

Smoke Pot for life!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saw your note on this at the guru. Funny how all the folks here are all in on the smoke pot, because we've actually tried it and it works. Over at the guru...many of the responses are hilarious. For the cost of a bag of lump they could prove or disprove their arguments. Instead, all sorts of logical contortions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HalfSmoke said:

Saw your note on this at the guru. Funny how all the folks here are all in on the smoke pot, because we've actually tried it and it works. Over at the guru...many of the responses are hilarious. For the cost of a bag of lump they could prove or disprove their arguments. Instead, all sorts of logical contortions. 

I like John learned a few tips from him, but he posed the question about smoker pot or wrapped in foil and when 90% of the responses are go for it he says he doesn't see merit and doesn't believe there is a difference in taste etc. I thought I was stuck in my ways, dang!

Garvin

1 hour ago, Garvinque said:

I like John learned a few tips from him, but he posed the question about smoker pot or wrapped in foil and when 90% of the responses are go for it he says he doesn't see merit and doesn't believe there is a difference in taste etc. I thought I was stuck in my ways, dang!

Garvin

What I said before about online forums being like terrorist cells was only partially a joke. John's done a lot of good things and has propagated a lot of good info but, just like with Meathead, there are some things where I just roll my eyes. His influence at the guru is undeniable. If he had tried the smoke pot and liked it, it would suddenly be the greatest thing ever and everyone there would credit him for the idea. Since he has come out against, you see the tide there has turned. Oh well. Doesn't affect me one iota. 

Now back to the ghee. I like ghee! :smt023

• Like 2