2 Limes, Juiced plus 1/2 tsp zest

1 large Orange Juiced plus 1/2 tsp zest

1/2 cup EVOO

1 tsp Cumin

1 tsp Black pepper

1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt

2 TBS white vinegar

1 cup good Mexican beer- Negra Modelo, Bohemia, Dos Equis Ambar

Blend well, pour over steak and place in fidge between 2-6hrs, I do 4hrs take out of fidge  and pat dry with paper towels and lightly season with salt and pepper

Grill until med, serve with corn tortillas, chopped white onion and chopped cilantro, slice of lime (salsa if you want)

Enjoy

Garvin

• Like 1

awesome, spend the extra 10 min in prep and remove the seed sacks from the sliced tomato before you dice it up (for the pico).  I prefer to butterfly the flank so its thinner.  I cook it at 375-400 on the KK now closer to the outer edge so that it has a change to colour out.  It will go a bright pink on you if you do it right.  I use to cook it indirect on the KJ, but find that I don't need to indirect cook anymore on the KK.

Edited by bosco

10 minutes ago, bosco said:

awesome, spend the extra 10 min in prep and remove the seed sacks from the sliced tomato before you dice it up (for the pico).  I prefer to butterfly the flank so its thinner.  I cook it at 375-400 on the KK now closer to the outer edge so that it has a change to colour out.  It will go a bright pink on you if you do it right.  I use to cook it indirect on the KJ, but find that I don't need to indirect cook anymore on the KK.

Definitely a seed sack removing kind of guy.

Main grate or lower? I suspect we'll be using skirt steak, but we'll see what my wife brings home.

3 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

HalfSmoke would love to see a sous vide on this! Cook until about med rare or (med) then seared.

Garvin

Maybe. Skirt steak is a pretty quick cook just above the coals, so would be worried that a sear after sous vide would overcook it. Curious to hear @bosco's response...the technique for getting the pink color.

3 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

No I haven't, might be able to before May which the time I originally stated but this is an extra for me so I have to save up!:)

Garvin

Green Goblin beckons...

1 minute ago, Garvinque said:

How do these three things relate-LMAO!

Garvin

Needed a segue. Best I could do with the material I had to work with. 

• Like 1

So for me I always preferred indirect as it was thin meat.  I like the reaction with the smoke and the meat and the citrus and end up with a funny looking pink color.  

With the KK, I just cook direct on main grate towards the outer edge of the grate at 375 ish.  This gets the reaction as it doesn't cook it too hot too fast.  

IMG_7678.JPG

IMG_7679.JPG

• Like 4