mameola

KK 32" - A Change of Heart For The Better

Guess whats on its way? Oh Yea...my Big Bad 32!!!

I just got notice from KK that my Big Bad 32 is officially on the road. I feel like a kid in a candy store waiting for Mom to check out at the register so I can get my goodies:-P

The anticipation is killing me! California to Maryland is going to be at least a week...What a Bummer.

Pics coming soon.

To all, I hope you have a great weekend and Happy smoking.

• Like 5

@Steve MI don't have anything set in stone but I might start with something simple like burgers and Kabasa or maybe celibate with a juicy steaks.

I'll likely move right on to a pork butt or a brisket so I can figure out the low and slow side of this as well.

Based on the information I'm getting from the trucking company, I might have it a week from today!!!

@tony bI hear you loud and clear. I've read the stories about the people waiting for a couple of month to get theirs. I just got lucky; the one I really wanted was in stock.

As my Mom always told me...patience is a virtue.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, but in all reality, not very long at all, my KK 32 showed up in my driveway two days ago!

There was no damage to deal with and to top it off, the truck driver was fantastic. He was instrumental in helping me get it to where I wanted it to be for uncrating.

Once we got it under my pavilion and the truck driver went on his merry way, I began to uncrate the Beast. I quickly found out that some of my hard earned money went into some serious packaging. This thing was crated so well, it would have taken an act of god to move it off of its temporary resting place. I mean, this thing was very secure and locked down. Well done @DennisLinkletter. Over the years, you've obviously figured out how to do this the right way.

As instructed, I removed the eight 14 MM lag bolts and then removed the crate from the pallet. Not easy to do by yourself but I got it done. Once I did that, I removed all of the plastic wrap and took my first look inside. Wow is this thing sweet. Tons of room, lots of SS grates, drip pan, Pizza stone. Just lots of goodies in there.

Once I got over my excitement of seeing the inside for the first time, I then removed the straps holding everything in place. With the supplied pry bar, I then preyed up the wood that was put in place to prevent everything from moving around during shipment. I removed everything from the inside and then put the supplied ramp into place. How ingenious is it creating a ramp from part of the crate’s roof? Doing this was so helpful. Without much effort at all, and all by myself, I moved the grill down the ramp with ease.

Once I rolled it to its final resting place, I started putting everything back in place. I mean the whole process took me maybe an hour. KK can't make it much easier for us when it comes to receiving there grills. Things couldn’t have went any smoother for me.

Now for the hard part, I'm leaving for vacation Friday so I won't have any time between now and then to fire this baby up. That will have to wait until I return in about a week and a half. What a bummer:-(

I've included some pics for your viewing pleasure but since it’s winter time here in the US Northeast, they are kind of gloomy. I'll be sure to start a new post of my first cook while also including some better pics.

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

• Like 3

When you said "Pavillion," I was just assume like a gazebo, not a complete outdoor kitchen - WOW! That KK fits right in. Too bad you don't get to play with your new toy before leaving for 10+ days. But, it will give you plenty of time to plan that first cook and order any stuff you might need for it.