mameola

KK 32" - A Change of Heart For The Better

Great story on change of heart.

I am in a similar position. I started Gozney, then Big Joe…. And so on until I came across a KK.

now I’m tossing up do I go a Gozney for pizza and a KK or just the KK. KK already a big step up so doubling triples my initial planned investment.

Anyway, enough about me. now you have your KK, how has your experience been?

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 10:20 AM, WillB said:

Great story on change of heart.

I am in a similar position. I started Gozney, then Big Joe…. And so on until I came across a KK.

now I’m tossing up do I go a Gozney for pizza and a KK or just the KK. KK already a big step up so doubling triples my initial planned investment.

Anyway, enough about me. now you have your KK, how has your experience been?

Hey W 
Glad to see a reply after this was posted  6 years ago.  I like your W have been considering an upgrade from my BGEXL.  I have used the BGE for almost 23 years in total.  Also thinking which KK is the ideal size.  Its just the two of us now so thought the 23 Ultimate would do however, like the idea of two zone grilling not very user friendly on the BGE.    Please share how you made your decision?  TIA

Regarding making pizzas (Neapolitan style primarily) in a KK versus a more dedicated pizza oven (Ooni Karu 16 the past 2-years here):   It would take about 90-minutes to get my former 23" KK's dome fully heat soaked to 800º +/- to get good reflective heat radiation coming down onto the pizza.   Whereas the Ooni Karu 16, using oak or hickory, sits at 800ºF +/- in about 45-minutes and has flame lick from the top resulting in superior cornicione dough rise/bloom and overall airiness/texture of the crust.   

If you're a Neapolitan pizza snob like me, you really need both:   A KK and a real wood fired pizza oven (IMHO after using the Karu 16 for 2-years...is not a "real" pizza oven but save that conversation for another thread).  

Edited by dstr8