DennisLinkletter

OctoForks New Twist on a Roti Shaft

2 hours ago, Steve M said:

I tried to order two pairs of octoforks and was denied using the komodo16 coupon because it said my order was less than $120 (it was 119.98). 

If you don't mind a little feedback, I found the website a little confusing and difficult to use. I couldn't tell for sure what all was included when trying to order them or if I was ordering the right thing. I saw a promotion about ordering extra claws with any kit but couldn't find where to order them. Maybe just me.

Steve I'll see what happened. A setting could have been off.

Any of the kits come with 1 pair and if you want an additional pair then you enter how many more right below.  On a desktop there's a toggle button but with mobile devices you just enter the additional amount.

16 hours ago, Steve M said:

I opened the box to take a look at the octoforks; Those are sharp!

Great to hear!

For smaller cuts remember you can flip the tines inward.  I reverse them for things like chickens (vertical or horizontal) If you do a horizontal chicken you can pop the wings onto the tines that way so they're away from the body some and you don't get those tan lines.   Look forward to seeing your cooks!

IMG_1367.JPG

Edited by Keith OctoForks

Put everything together this morning. Here is the box with packing removed.

IMG_4900.JPG

I purchased two pair (leap of faith). No leftover parts unlike most of my projects.

IMG_5177.JPG

I have two chicken halves marinating for some roadside chicken. I'm not sure whether to use half a pair (one on each end) or put them between a pair. I'm leaning towards the former and tying them on just to make sure they don't fall off.

IMG_6877.JPG

I can see how you could really load up the grill with these. I have a few things in the fridge that I may do just that.

• Like 2