DennisLinkletter

OctoForks New Twist on a Roti Shaft

3 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Great job on the ribs mate

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Thanks Aussie much appreciated!  I know lamb is much more common there than it is here.   I'd imagine you all average eating lamb maybe once per week or so?    I can't even ever remember eating lamb growing up.

Edited by Keith OctoForks
  • Like 1

Lamb isn't a staple of the American diet.  I'll occasionally bone out a leg of lamb or throw a rack on the grill, and every time I eat good lamb I always wonder why I don't do lamb more often.  Finding good lamb in most meat markets is nigh on impossible.  I think one of the problems is that not much lamb is raised in The States.

• Like 1

My local butcher also raises sheep, so he just about always has lamb in the freezer, especially this time of year. When he's out, my Plans B & C are CostCo and Trader Joe's - the latter are usually pre-marinated racks or boneless legs - I like them a lot. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, Keith. I was sitting on the fence about buying, as I wanted forks, basket & kabobs all at once to minimize shipping costs. But, if we're talking mid-to-late summer for the kabobs, I might go on and pull the trigger on the forks and basket now, so I have them right away.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tony b said:

Thanks for the update, Keith. I was sitting on the fence about buying, as I wanted forks, basket & kabobs all at once to minimize shipping costs. But, if we're talking mid-to-late summer for the kabobs, I might go on and pull the trigger on the forks and basket now, so I have them right away.

What kind of basket were you thinking of?   I'm going to add some other basket options on the website today or tomorrow. 

• Like 1