Fetzervalve

Pizza - & Shrimp

As much as I like the food that comes from low and slow, there is not much more FUN than stoking up a big 'ol fire and really get'n wid it. (kinda primal I suppose - Sanny may not understand :smt048 ) Last weekend it was steaks on the sear grill, tonight pizza and shrimp. Low and slow is like taking the Ferrari to the grocery store in 1st gear, this stuff is like a twisty mountain road - way fun! :smt026

Here's before: Tomato, Fetta, Onions, Motz, Peppers & Parmesan

DSC02632.jpg

I almost forgot it shoot it... 550 ish for 'round 9 mins, I used a Fibrament stone on the upper (accessory) grill with the heat deflector in place. Stone was about 375 when I slapped it on. Once again, another "best ever" creation at my house.

DSC02633.jpg

When the pizza came off, actually that was the 2nd pizza, made a cheese for the kids, I rejigged and put on some shrimp. A quick marinade of Italian dressing grilled in this basket on the lower grill over the hot pizza fire.

DSC02635.jpg

That shrimp looks good...but you seems to have forgat the meat on the pizza :shock:

Didn't ya know? We're vegetable-arians :smt082

:smt068:smt070:smt071 Egad! Shootem' quick before they multiply or infect others!!! Though the shrimp looks good.

-=Jasen=-

Deej, don't panic. They're SHRIMP, not zucchini. And he said last week he did steak on the sear grill. Methinks he's yankin yer bologna. :roll:

FV-

Could you provide a bit more info about your pizza? How long did you preheat the KK before putting in the stone and then the pizza? How did you measure the stone temp? Where was your deflector?

Thanks

Jim

Jim,

It was probably around 40 - 45 minutes after light up when I put the first pizza on, the pictured one was the 2nd so it was closer to an hour after start-up. I had the deflector on the charcoal basket, last time I put it on the lower grill, but it caused a sag in the grill so I went to the basket this time. One note: on the first pizza the cheese got a little over done on one side, I noticed upon further review, that the deflector was not sitting flat and the edge near the overdone side was high - presumably allowing more heat to flow up that side creating the uneven result. On the second version it was placed as far from that side as possible and I rotated it half way through.

I used a non-contact infrared thermometer, seen here. I got it for a different purpose and if I was getting one for the KK I would want one with a higher max temp - that one is 400 max.

Hope that helps!