Curly

Meat on the hoof

I took this picture this morning from my back porch. You have to look close, but right about dead center is a deer. Once you find that one (the easy find) look left about 4 tree trunks and you can see the face of another (ear, eye and nose) looking at me also. There were 3 out there this morning foraging, as soon as I opened the door, they scrammed :shock:

100_1604.jpg

That Lion is Aslan, he is actually a vegetarian :D

Now it has been a long time since I have read the Chronicles of Narnia and I don't recall CS Lewis ever writing what Aslan eats or doesn't eat. I did read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" twice that I can recall. Did I miss something? Is he really a vegetarian? Or was he a vegetarian just for the movie?

That Lion is Aslan, he is actually a vegetarian :D

Now it has been a long time since I have read the Chronicles of Narnia and I don't recall CS Lewis ever writing what Aslan eats or doesn't eat. I did read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" twice that I can recall. Did I miss something? Is he really a vegetarian? Or was he a vegetarian just for the movie?

Well, I actually just said that because he loved all of the beings so much I just couldn't ever have imagined him eating one of them :shock:

These are black tails. Is this close enough for you?

deer2.jpg

It is a picture of my next door neighbor skinning a deer that had a broken neck. The ears of the deer in the first picture are tipped right towards the camera. The ears look like normal deer ears to me.

Deer and dogs: We had one dog that had a buck stick a horn in him and another one that had a doe defend her fawn from his curiosity. The deer will normally run from dogs because dogs are predators and deer are food. :)

That's weird that ya'll break their necks to kill them, we shoot them over here...but you Californians were always greener and I guess breaking the neck doesn't emit any fumes or noises. :?

Yeah, the ears looked huge in that one picture so I was hoping to see a straight on shot of the head. Around here, since we shoot them, their ears probably don't have to be as large, but over their, ya'll are really, really quiet and sneak up on em and break their necks, I guess their ears have gotten larger over time :shock: