Bruce Pearson

My first tri - tip

This is for you Aussie.  A couple of months ago you asked me why I wasn't showing any of my cooks I was embarrassed to tell you I only had one cook under my belt. So here is my second cook. I cheated because the try tip was already rubbed.  I have to say it turned out pretty tasty. If I had to do it all over again I would use my own rub the one that was on there was a little salty.  I  used coffee char for charcoal And I used a few pieces of coffee would for smoke.  Looking forward to doing a lot more cooking on my KK. 

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

• Like 6

:smt041 Hurray, Bruce actually does cook!! But look at how shiny and white the inside of that grill is - gotta work on that, son! 

Excellent tri-tip. I'm kinda the same way. Love the convenience of the pre-marinated meats from Trader Joe's (just did a Burgundy Pepper boneless leg of lamb over the weekend in the rotisserie basket), but sometimes the flavors are a bit strong and you can't do much with it to fix it. 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 1