Garvinque

First Kamado Pizza

Garvin, one thing is too make sure the whole grill is heat soaked. If you have an IR thermometer check the temp of the stone. The grill thermometer may read 500F but the stone may be much much lower. Get the pizza on as fast as possible and don't open the lid any more than you have to do get the pizza on and no peaking, don't let that heat escape.  Hope this helps some.:)

The good news is that you were able to eat this experiment, keep on working at it. :)

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

Also leaning towards the 16.5tt fits my budget at 2050 plus shipping for a black matte! Cover and a few boxes of Coco char will keep me under 2500 no need for a baking stone at this time I have a baking steel 14 inch as well as a hefty baking stone the same size.

Garvin

Check the dimensions on the 16 for the steel and stone. It is 16.5" wide but only 13" deep. 

http://komodokamado.com/pages/six-komodo-kamado-grills

4 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

Well probably still have hold off on baking stone, that sucks thought I could save a few bucks because I already had some baking equipment to use!!

Garvin

Yup. Totally understand the budget constraints. You can always strip your order down to the bare minimum and add other things later. Costs a bit more over time due to shipping, but worth it if it means you can get a grill that's a better fit in the long run. I'm personally allergic to debt, but another option is to look into Dennis' financing. I've heard it's pretty affordable. 

19 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

I'm personally allergic to debt, but another option is to look into Dennis' financing. I've heard it's pretty affordable. 

Trying to avoid buying anything on credit, hoping to get my first house with a VA loan and was advised to keep credit buys down. So saving to get this and waiting to May helps with me and the KK having a new home to enjoy-lol

Garvin

6 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

Trying to avoid buying anything on credit, hoping to get my first house with a VA loan and was advised to keep credit buys down. So saving to get this and waiting to May helps with me and the KK having a new home to enjoy-lol

Garvin

That is true. Don't add other debt if you'll be shopping for a mortgage. Better to do what you're doing -- save until you can pull the trigger on a 19. 

• Like 1