Aussie Ora

Things are looking good

24 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Good news

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Totally agree good news. 

By the speed of which your package was moving through the states I was expecting a delivery to you sometime this week. Let's hope some divers recovered it from the Bermuda Triangle and sent it on its way - LOL 

Well, guess what showed up in my post today?? That's right!!

5900e561c2cda_TodaysPost.thumb.jpg.066df50512e6a383ebb1ec292d6518e7.jpg

Woo-Hoo!! :smt041

Up close and personal.

5900e5af59b9e_TazPeppercorns.thumb.jpg.3e4a823ed5a1dde1b94a121643bd2806.jpg

And, some ground ones, too? BONUS!!!

5900e5e682fad_TazPeppercornsGround.thumb.jpg.b19504f07575cd3987fbfcbc13991914.jpg

So, don't be diss'ing USPS. :smt018 My stuff arrived just fine, as did Aussie's package from me. I'm thinking that Bermuda Triangle overlaps GA!!! :shaking2:

• Like 2

OK, Aussie, fess up! This stuff isn't peppercorns, it's "purple crack!" One taste, and I'm already hooked!!  :drunken:You Bastard! And, my tongue is still tingling 15 minutes later*. Hoping that you sent enough to supply my new habit for the coming year - maybe if I step on it a couple of times with sea salt! :help: 

But, seriously, Thanks Tons, Aussie. Can't wait to start cooking with this stuff! 

* (For the rest of you, it's like tasting Szechuan peppercorns - it has a slight numbing sensation on your tongue. But the flavor is not the same; think nutmeg with more herbal notes - oregano or epazote.)

• Like 2

Purple Crack lol great news tony you are going to love the stuff this should mean ckreef should be getting his parcel anytime now the ground stuff is lemon myrtle and pepper berry .interesting the paths they have taken obviously quicker from Perth to CR. I'm going to write to Trump see if he can redirect the Carl Vinson to Miami to search for my parcel lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

I'm going to write to Trump see if he can redirect the Carl Vinson to Miami to search for my parcel lol

:smt043

Thanks for clueing me in that there was lemon myrtle in the ground. I should have figured that out from the "lm/pb" scribe on the label. Losing it in my old age, I suppose??

I did mix up some Pepper Salt, per you guidance: 2 parts Kosher salt to 1 part Pepper Berries, by weight. Then into the spice grinder and viola - purple salt! That's what I was referring to by "purple crack!" I can see me putting that on EVERYTHING! I also broke down the Kee into Nickel (2 oz) and Dime (4 oz) FoodSaver bags - LOL! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tony b said:

:smt043

Thanks for clueing me in that there was lemon myrtle in the ground. I should have figured that out from the "lm/pb" scribe on the label. Losing it in my old age, I suppose??

I did mix up some Pepper Salt, per you guidance: 2 parts Kosher salt to 1 part Pepper Berries, by weight. Then into the spice grinder and viola - purple salt! That's what I was referring to by "purple crack!" I can see me putting that on EVERYTHING! I also broke down the Kee into Nickel (2 oz) and Dime (4 oz) FoodSaver bags - LOL! 

That's Australia's version of lemon pepper. Lemon Myrtle tastes surprisingly just like lemons. 

That pepper crack mix sounds just like what I'm looking for. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Your pepper berry's should be delivered any day now ckreef .I'm sure my parcel will rock up just a glitch in the system I'm still laughing that you had tracking and Tony did not and he got his first .maybe I have to send stuff under the radar

This entire shipping session has been a little wonky. I haven't lost hope yet. Hopefully all will end well. 

• Like 1

More epic for me, I know that. Since we couldn't talk @bosco into a 42" we had to create our own shipping thread - LOL 

I can't wait to get the pepper berries. I've been working with @Aussie Ora for about a year and a half to get some. It's been a long wait. 

As for Aussie's package coming from me - USPS better not screw that up. A bunch of time, effort and cash went into that package. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

I'm still laughing that you had tracking and Tony did not and he got his first .maybe I have to send stuff under the radar

Me, too. But, I did have to sign for it. Hang in there, Charles! 

Made some Purple Crack scrambled eggs w/cheese for brekkie this morning (see, eating these Aussie spices makes you talk like that - LOL!) Very tasty and it did turn the egg whites purple - ended up looking like a slab of blue cheese on the plate. Looking forward to using them in my bacon brine instead of juniper berries and mixed in with regular peppercorns and coriander for pastrami! Plan to use the Lemon Myrtle/Taz Peppercorn mix on some lamb chops tonight. Hey, Aussie, you tried my "house lamb seasoning" yet? More curious to see if I got the heat level down enough for Dee. I really dialed it back from my normal recipe. 

• Like 1

Me, too. But, I did have to sign for it. Hang in there, Charles! 
Made some Purple Crack scrambled eggs w/cheese for brekkie this morning (see, eating these Aussie spices makes you talk like that - LOL!) Very tasty and it did turn the egg whites purple - ended up looking like a slab of blue cheese on the plate. Looking forward to using them in my bacon brine instead of juniper berries and mixed in with regular peppercorns and coriander for pastrami! Plan to use the Lemon Myrtle/Taz Peppercorn mix on some lamb chops tonight. Hey, Aussie, you tried my "house lamb seasoning" yet? More curious to see if I got the heat level down enough for Dee. I really dialed it back from my normal recipe. 

Tried it last night on some loin chops perfect great stuff