Aussie Ora

Things are looking good

3 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

I'm sure your parcel will rock up if not it's OK no stress

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's going to show. But I will be bummed if something happened to it. I've wanted to send you that package for 6 months now. 

Onto other news. I found these kewl 1 pint sized Food Saver bags. I have 8 x 1 cup portions, 4 x 1/2 cup portions, my grinder full and some extra to make pepper salt. Felt like a drug dealer, measuring out and bagging up Purple Crack Berries - LOL 

CBs.thumb.jpg.b0c9840d925631511c0ea145f3516ed1.jpg

• Like 3

I did likewise. I was using these FoodSaver bags. Put up mostly 4oz (Dime) bags, but a few 2 oz (Nickel) bags, too. Filled the grinder, then used what was left to make the Purple Crack pepper salt. 

FoodSaver® 11" x 16' Portion Pouch Vacuum-Seal Roll, 2 Pack

I like these bags for putting up spices, rubs, etc. because it's a roll and you can make them as big (or small) as you need. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tony b said:

I did likewise. I was using these FoodSaver bags. Put up mostly 4oz (Dime) bags, but a few 2 oz (Nickel) bags, too. Filled the grinder, then used what was left to make the Purple Crack pepper salt. 

FoodSaver® 11" x 16' Portion Pouch Vacuum-Seal Roll, 2 Pack

I like these bags for putting up spices, rubs, etc. because it's a roll and you can make them as big (or small) as you need. 

I usually use the rolls and have a lifetime supply stashed in my closet. (got the 11" pleated rolls for around $2 per roll. I bought a few boxes - LOL) Was being lazy so I bought the pint baggies. Perfect size. 

11 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

You purple ckrack dealers that's a fair amount ckreef should last ages. Good idea those bags I have rolls .but seeing I had the canisters

I checked out the canisters but they wanted a fair amount of coin for a set so I went the bag route. 

Yeah, Charles. My package to Aussie only took 8 calendar days from the day I dropped it off at the Post Office here in Iowa until it was delivered to him. Only 2 days from Chicago to Perth, via Tokyo. Then another 3 days to be delivered locally.

Edited by tony b

OK, I might have finally OD'ed on Purple Crack tonight! 

The Purple Crack mashed potatoes were fine. Sous vide russets in duck fat with Purple Crack and powdered roasted garlic, then mashed with sour cream and half-n-half, with white truffle oil and black garlic. But, that wasn't what sent me into overdose - it was the Purple Crack vinaigrette salad dressing! Standard vinaigrette of EVOO and White Balsamic vinegar with the lemon myrtle/Taz peppercorn blend, Purple Crack, and an extra grind of straight Taz peppercorns from the grinder on top of the tomato wedges. I think it was the last hit that did it. My tongue is still tingling 20 minutes later!

If you don't hear from me over the next couple of days, it's because I've checked myself into rehab! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tony b said:

The Purple Crack mashed potatoes were fine. Sous vide russets in duck fat with Purple Crack and powdered roasted garlic, then mashed with sour cream and half-n-half, with white truffle oil and black garlic. But, that wasn't what sent me into overdose - it was the Purple Crack vinaigrette salad dressing! Standard vinaigrette of EVOO and White Balsamic vinegar with the lemon myrtle/Taz peppercorn blend, Purple Crack, and an extra grind of straight Taz peppercorns from the grinder on top of the tomato wedges. I think it was the last hit that did it. My tongue is still tingling 20 minutes later!

If you don't hear from me over the next couple of days, it's because I've checked myself into rehab! 

Take a selfie of your tongue. I want to see the purple crack Berry tongue like I had as a kid with grape cool-aide. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

I think it's time to start claiming your insurance ckreef lol. https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=CH016073558US. I still have faith but starting to think that nice new box you got was to tempting for someone emoji12.png

8 hours ago, tony b said:

Yeah, Charles. My package to Aussie only took 8 calendar days from the day I dropped it off at the Post Office here in Iowa until it was delivered to him. Only 2 days from Chicago to Perth, via Tokyo. Then another 3 days to be delivered locally.

We have to give it a little more time. I think the official stance is 30 days before you can make a claim. 

It's not looking good and I'm more bummed by the day. 

• Like 1

Lol .you totally went for it mate don't let anyone see you sleeping they might start cpr looking at your purple lips lol that salad dressing sounds good

We have to give it a little more time. I think the official stance is 30 days before you can make a claim. 
It's not looking good and I'm more bummed by the day. 

It sucks more so for you I know how much time and effort and money you put into this .and I want you to do it all again lol only joking wouldn't put that on anyone. Seriously mate I would be spewing if it was the berries I sent you I know it sucks but you get that .let's wait out the 30 days see what happens you never know.

55 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

It sucks more so for you I know how much time and effort and money you put into this .and I want you to do it all again lol only joking wouldn't put that on anyone. Seriously mate I would be spewing if it was the berries I sent you I know it sucks but you get that .let's wait out the 30 days see what happens you never know.

If this really ended up in the Bermuda Triangle I will eventually resend it. The rubs and extras I threw in there I couldn't care less about but the ingredients to make 2 special salad dressings I really wanted you and Dee to try. Those were the hardest most expensive part of the box but that was really what the box was about. 

We'll see what happens and I'll eventually reorder the ingredients from FL. 

• Like 1