Aussie Ora

Things are looking good

2 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Let me know what you are keen for I have tomorrow off so will be able to cruise around

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I'm hoping you scored me another bottle or two of Summer Breeze. It's so good I've been saving my last 1/2 bottle for a special occasion. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping you scored me another bottle or two of Summer Breeze. It's so good I've been saving my last 1/2 bottle for a special occasion. 

You can almost drink that stuff .I cruised up to freo today (Fremantle) and they were out of stock so after I chucked a spaz and called them everything under the sun security from United Airlines showed up.lol.i got you another salad dressing that's made here that I find pretty good and a couple of other things that I like plus my favourite thing to have on toast.really looking forward to your reaction on that one.dont stress I will just order the breeze online and send it your way

• Like 1

That's a new one on me, but it seems to be one of those "down under" words. 
Well, we got spun! Dizzy Pig arrived today, so I'll be boxing up the stuff and heading out to the Post Office tomorrow. 

It's a Cricket term that we apply to things .I scored 40 runs .what did you score .so did you score anything today .hope you scored me some free beers lol

2 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

You can almost drink that stuff .I cruised up to freo today (Fremantle) and they were out of stock so after I chucked a spaz and called them everything under the sun security from United Airlines showed up.lol.i got you another salad dressing that's made here that I find pretty good and a couple of other things that I like plus my favourite thing to have on toast.really looking forward to your reaction on that one.dont stress I will just order the breeze online and send it your way

So you left the Fremantle store bloody and beaten? LOL 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Give me 10 grand I will gladly catch the next plane lol

It wouldn't even take $10k for me.  I probably would have done it for the $800 they offered.  But I'm sort of cheap like that or maybe I just don't make enough in my day job. 

Reading about pepper grinders they kept talking about using only black and white pepper corns and not red or pink. This was high end pepper mills with metal burs. This is sometimes down in the fine print. I finally found an explanation for this. This is from the Cole & Manson care and use section.

"Red and pink peppercorns come from a berry. They naturally have more liquid so we recommend not using these as it could corrode the mechanism. This also applies to our Kingsley spice mill.

Black and white peppercorns are recommended in our pepper mills. If you would like to use pink or red use a mill with a ceramic mechanism or use our pestle & mortar. "

So it appears red pepper berries contain more moisture compared to traditional pepper corns so you should use a grinder with ceramic burs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ckreef said:

Reading about pepper grinders they kept talking about using only black and white pepper corns and not red or pink. This was high end pepper mills with metal burs. This is sometimes down in the fine print. I finally found an explanation for this. This is from the Cole & Manson care and use section.

"Red and pink peppercorns come from a berry. They naturally have more liquid so we recommend not using these as it could corrode the mechanism. This also applies to our Kingsley spice mill.

Black and white peppercorns are recommended in our pepper mills. If you would like to use pink or red use a mill with a ceramic mechanism or use our pestle & mortar. "

So it appears red pepper berries contain more moisture compared to traditional pepper corns so you should use a grinder with ceramic burs. 

I plan to use an old one that doesn't see much use anymore, so if it does start to corrode, I'll drive off that bridge later (to quote Ted Kennedy). But, thanks for the heads up, Charles. 

@Aussie Ora - check's in the mail, as we say here. 

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=+LA077229165US

• Like 2