Curly

Second cook on the KK

I think I really like Gypsy.

I did an 11 lb (I didn't read the wt. but it felt like about that) turkey sorta by the Mad Max Turkey recipe (See TNW's website for the recipe). Since I'm gone next week I wanted to do one anyways. I'm gonna use the Mad Max method exactly for a big turkey Christmas, cause I'm cooking the turkey for our family gathering. It was extremly good...extremely juicy. Took about 3 1/2 hrs at about 325. I love this KK man...it's awesome.

100_1606.jpg

100_1607.jpg

100_1608.jpg

Curly, any reason you put the HD on the grill directly under your pan, as opposed to putting it on the charcoal basket? BTW nice looking bird! :smt117

I have to ask this, in the last picture, did you have a little spill, or did the Mrs. barf on the table? :lol::lol:

You know what. I just never thought of that, I never had one of those rings before :? I think I'm gonna use that method though for the Christmas turkey...thanks for the heads-up :smt038

And that was a little spill not barf :smt028:smt088:smt118:smt118

Curly, any reason you put the HD on the grill directly under your pan, as opposed to putting it on the charcoal basket? BTW nice looking bird! :smt117

I have to ask this, in the last picture, did you have a little spill, or did the Mrs. barf on the table? :lol::lol:

You know what. I just never thought of that, I never had one of those rings before :? I think I'm gonna use that method though for the Christmas turkey...thanks for the heads-up :smt038

Just to clarify, if you are referring to the removable ring that you can put in the coal basket- that's the "small load ring" (or something like that) for small cooks with small amounts of lump. I was referring to the 2 "handles" that stick up on the basket - that's typically where I put mine, however, I did put it on the lower grill once for pizza and the weight, combined with the high fire, it appeared to warp my lower grill. :roll:

Just to clarify, if you are referring to the removable ring that you can put in the coal basket- that's the "small load ring" (or something like that) for small cooks with small amounts of lump. I was referring to the 2 "handles" that stick up on the basket - that's typically where I put mine, however, I did put it on the lower grill once for pizza and the weight, combined with the high fire, it appeared to warp my lower grill. :roll:

I'll have to go back and look and see if I have those 2 handles. I don't recall seeing them :shock:

What's up Dennis?

No, no handles like that on mine, maybe they were left at the other place Gyspsy used to live :shock:

Well Sir, you are excused. Dennis, care to comment?

I'm thinking you should call her Tripod, she's just like a 3 legged dog, you just have to love her. :P

Bend over and look at your bowl..

No, no handles like that on mine, maybe they were left at the other place Gyspsy used to live :shock:

Bend over and look at your bowl.. It DOES have the supports but they are 4" not 5"..

:lol::lol::lol:

Re: Bend over and look at your bowl..

Bend over and look at your bowl.. It DOES have the supports but they are 4" not 5"..

Which is most recent the 4" or 5"? And why the change?

Re: Bend over and look at your bowl..

Which is most recent the 4" or 5"? And why the change?

The 5" is the most recent and I thought it permitted piling in more charcoal for those 40+ hour cooks David will need for his Moose chuck rolls..