Bruce Pearson

Pork collar

Anybody know the best way to cook a 4 to5 lb. pork collar? I bought some meat from Snake river farms and that was one of the pieces. Also bought a wagu tri tip and some wagu hot dogs and they gave me a ham for ordering over $100 worth of meat. Any hints on a good rub for the tri tip will be appreciated. Ha any tips at all will be  appreciate it lol

Bruce on the pork collar never made one, but the Tri Tip use a classic Santa Maria rub

2 TBS of Kosher Salt

1 TBS Black Pepper

1 TBS Granulated Garlic

1 tsp parsley flakes

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper(Optional) not a part of classic rub but I love some heat

If you can get Red Oak Wood-Great but white oak or pecan will do

Garvin

I think that pork collar is basically a boneless butt. I would do a low and slow cook with it into the 200 range for pulled pork. Use your favorite rub.

For the tritip, I have always done them using reverse sear and they have turned out fantastic. But I'll bet about any technique on those wagyu tritips will turn out great. 

Tri tips- I always reverse sear and make sure you slice it properly. There are lots of images to show you how to cut against the grain. I feel when people don't think tri tip is tender the slicing is almost always to blame. As far as rub- I used to use pappys (which is a great place to start). But now I make my own rub which is salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and I think that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1