ckreef

Blueberry Pizza

I  had some fresh Blueberries and wanted to make a desert so I thought  I would try a Blueberry Pizza. 

Cream cheese spread - cream cheese, whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mixed to a smooth consistency. Set aside. 

Blueberry paste - Blueberries crushed, sugar, and water. Heat and reduce until a jam consistency. Set aside to cool. 

Before dinner I made some Cracker crust dough. Rolled it out then par baked both sides on the Blackstone. Pull when crispy and shut down the Blackstone. 

After dinner I spread the cream cheese mixture  on the crispy dough. Spread the Blueberry "jam"  on top of that and finally sprinkled some extra fresh berries on that. Put in a cold Blackstone and cook on md high heat for just a couple of minutes. Serve warm fresh from the Blackstone. 

BPb.jpg

BPc.jpg

I was very pleased with this creation. Just sweet enough. Only thing I would do differently is roll the dough thinner and parbake a little longer so it's even more crispy. Everything can be done in advance with the final build and cook when dinner is over. Any fruit should work. With a little modification could easily do this in a kamado or oven. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, Steve M said:

I had no idea how this one was going to work out but you pulled it off for sure. That looks delicious.

TY Steve M - I'll be honest I was just winging it. I didn't measure anything just added what I thought was right. I have a good idea of how much I used of what. Next time I make it I'll actually measure things out and make a proper recipe. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shuley said:

That looks fabulous. And also like it could be made without being ridiculously sweet. That is my preference for desserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not ridiculously sweet. Just sweet enough to support the Blueberries. A good fresh fruit desert.