MacKenzie

Pork Ribs on the 16 KK Using OctoForks

Here is a pair of new OctoForks that I bought and put together. It only took a few mins. to get them put together,

New OctoForks.jpg

Going to rotisserie for the very first time on my 16 inch KK.

Pork Ribs  on the Forks.jpg

Just spiced up the ribs with some garlic, pepper and paprika and put them on the rotisserie.

Ribs on OctoForks in KK.jpg

210F - 225F for 3.25 hours.

Flash Shot.jpg

Ribs are Ready.jpg

Juicy and perfect bite, actually these were the best tasting ribs I have ever done. 

Cooked Ribs.jpg

Did some stuffed mushrooms while the ribs were cooking. Stuffed with cooked chicken sausage meat, onions, red peppers, cheddar cheese and topped with Parmesan cheese. Baked for 20 mins. at 400F.

Stuffed Mushrooms.jpg

Dinner is plated.

Pork Rib Dinner.jpg

Rib Dinner.jpg

The ribs were easy to take off the OctoForks and a little soak n hot soapy water and good as new.

This is how they looked after taking the meat off the forks. They were easy to clean and if there was a lot of stuff stuck I'd put them in the dishwasher.

Dirty OctoForks.jpg

I am really very pleased with this setup and I will get even more use out of the 16 inch KK. 

I have a couple of videos, can anyone please give me detailed tips on how to attach them?

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 7

HlalfSmoke I'm not sure if it expired the end of Feb or not but it's worth a try.: )

I know my ribs were much more moist done this way. The plated shots might not look that way but that's because they were sitting around for a little, while I was taking pixs.

I didn't baste the ribs or anything just put some spices on before I started. I am keen to do chicken now. :) 

7 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Thanks, Paul.:) I am excited about trying it on my 22 inch KK.There will be a lot more room. These ribs were as moist as chicken on the KK.

Those ribs look FANTASTIC!     BTW, it's my experience as well that vertical rotisserie ribs are so moist.  You can cook them as hot or slow as you want and they turn out great each way.  I'm sure you noticed the glaze that develops because the basting juices really do cover the ribs!  Beautiful tasty meal for sure. Great job :)   Keith

I just did some figuring. It went like this- my ribs are usually on for more than 3 hours so I figured after three hours I'd use my thermometer but when I took one look at them they looked done to me. No matter what you rotisserie you always have the same problem when is it done because you can't do the cook with the thermometer in. It may not be as critical because these ribs were continually being basted.