skreef

Filet Mignon and Scallops

I refrain from posting for a while, but it gave my finger time to heal some more.  

Since I wanted to post a cook,  I wanted it to be good. Ckreef already warn me it better be good!!! Lol....hmmmm..  Does he not know he gets the best!!!!?? Lol..... Anyway... 

So I went out a bought Filet Mignon and Large Scallops. 

I have never cook a Surf and Turf yet.. So I took this as a opportunity. 

STSb.jpgSTSc.jpg

Kept the seasoning to a minimum. Montreal Steak for the Filets and Old Bay and Paprika for the Scallops.  

For my Side I cooked Brussel Sprouts with Bacon. 

STSa.jpg

STSd.jpg

After the Brussel Sprouts were done. On goes the Steaks, then when they had a few minutes left to cook, I put on the Scallops. 

STSe.jpg

Looking Good!!! 

Since we are having some mild weather, I made a Dessert. 

Blueberry Yum Yum (a Summer Dessert) 

But there are Desserts that can't wait for Summer to eat. Right?? 

STSh.jpg

STSg.jpg

Save the Money Shot for last. I also made a Cranberry Puree which works together with the saltiness of the Bacon,that was a great compliment to the Brussel Spouts. All in all, I was Pleased with this Meal. 

STSf.jpg

Normally I would have wipe my plate of the juices of the Steak, but left it for drooling purposes. I figure some of you would appreciate it. You Welcome

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Try passing that invitation up, Aussie. :):):)

Pack your bag to McKenzie. Coarse I love your cooking and Grilling too.. So maybe I could talk you in to sampling  your great cooks. 

Edited by skreef

On 3/6/2017 at 6:18 PM, skreef said:

I refrain from posting for a while, but it gave my finger time to heal some more.  

Since I wanted to post a cook,  I wanted it to be good. Ckreef already warn me it better be good!!! Lol....hmmmm..  Does he not know he gets the best!!!!?? Lol..... Anyway... 

So I went out a bought Filet Mignon and Large Scallops. 

I have never cook a Surf and Turf yet.. So I took this as a opportunity. 

STSb.jpgSTSc.jpg

Kept the seasoning to a minimum. Montreal Steak for the Filets and Old Bay and Paprika for the Scallops.  

For my Side I cooked Brussel Sprouts with Bacon. 

STSa.jpg

STSd.jpg

After the Brussel Sprouts were done. On goes the Steaks, then when they had a few minutes left to cook, I put on the Scallops. 

STSe.jpg

Looking Good!!! 

Since we are having some mild weather, I made a Dessert. 

Blueberry Yum Yum (a Summer Dessert) 

But there are Desserts that can't wait for Summer to eat. Right?? 

STSh.jpg

STSg.jpg

Save the Money Shot for last. I also made a Cranberry Puree which works together with the saltiness of the Bacon,that was a great compliment to the Brussel Spouts. All in all, I was Pleased with this Meal. 

STSf.jpg

Normally I would have wipe my plate of the juices of the Steak, but left it for drooling purposes. I figure some of you would appreciate it. You Welcome

I looked up Yum Yum and got a recipe.  Problem is I didn't let the Cream Cheese soften enough.  Please share your recipe so I can compare.  Thank you.

On 3/14/2017 at 1:51 PM, EGGARY said:

I looked up Yum Yum and got a recipe.  Problem is I didn't let the Cream Cheese soften enough.  Please share your recipe so I can compare.  Thank you.

Sorry just posting this. Spring is coming, so it is a great and easy Dessert. 

1 9x13 pan

1 8oz cream cheese 

1 16oz coolwhip

1 lg can blueberry compote (or homemade) 

1 cup powder suger.. I realize I forgot to add this Just edited it.. (sorry) 

1 stick butter

1 small pg cookies(I use gramcracker crumbs) Laura Loone cookies.. I couldn't find these cookies.. But use light crumbly cookies. 

Mix butter and cookies and press in a buttered dish. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool. 

Mix half of the coolwhip and the package of cream cheese and powder sugar. 

Layering:

Pour the cream cheese over the Blueberries. Pour fruit compote over it.

Add the rest of the coolwhip on top. Add cooke crumbs on top. Refrigerate for bout a hour..

*Warning - very sweet - but so good

• Like 1