Aussie Ora

Rotisserie motor

So in all the excitement of selling my kj well it was not that exciting lol but I gave them the joetisserie hence the motor I was using has gone look out .I just ordered this should work fine I was looking at 10 kg but thought why not get a bit more the specks say it draws 15 watts but the chick in the video says 12.5 lol https://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.au/stainless-steel-bbq-spit-rotisserie-240v-motor-20kg

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

It's a good warranty most things you buy in Australia are guaranteed for 12 months under consumer law so no dramas there plus we have product disclosure laws and when you advertise a price it should be in full including any additional costs drip selling does not go down well here. For example, we have a 10% GST which must be included in the listed price so you know what you are paying at the till .always spins me out how the states list a price and then adds taxes on at the till lol anyway rant over can't wait to get spinning lol

On 3/9/2017 at 10:26 PM, Aussie Ora said:

So in all the excitement of selling my kj well it was not that exciting lol but I gave them the joetisserie hence the motor I was using has gone look out .I just ordered this should work fine I was looking at 10 kg but thought why not get a bit more the specks say it draws 15 watts but the chick in the video says 12.5 lol https://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.au/stainless-steel-bbq-spit-rotisserie-240v-motor-20kg

Thats the one i have mate. Got it from the same place.

It does wind the other way compared to overseas motors, so on the basket, it was unwinding the thread. I will have to get Dennis to send me the solid bar attachment so it doesn't unwind the thread in my next order.

I have had no issues with it. Its pretty solid. Good warranty and spins quite a bit of kgs.

Ive got purchased quite a bit of stuff from those guys and never a problem.

• Like 1

Thats the one i have mate. Got it from the same place.
It does wind the other way compared to overseas motors, so on the basket, it was unwinding the thread. I will have to get Dennis to send me the solid bar attachment so it doesn't unwind the thread in my next order.
I have had no issues with it. Its pretty solid. Good warranty and spins quite a bit of kgs.
Ive got purchased quite a bit of stuff from those guys and never a problem.

Great to hear love a good review after I purchased something lol I thought 20 kg would be the go rather than the 10 doubt I will spin anything over 10 but you never know

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Hey churchi it's 1.7 kg in weight the bracket on the KK looks sturdy does yours sit OK

Hey Aussie,

I usually put a piece of wood to support the motor under it. the basket is quite heavy and with the protein in there too its even heavier, so if you dont balance the basket properly the motor will jump in places. I thought i would support the motor and put a long piece of wood under it that touches the ground so it doesn't hang. Hope you picture what i mean. ill try and take a pic when i get it out next.

Now with the spit rod only and not the basket, you may not need to support the motor at all as its quite lighter on the turn. its just with the basket (which is all i have at the moment) i thought it would be better to support the motor. The motor hangs out quite a bit as well.

With regards to the bracket, i have never had an issue with it, just personal preference to support the motor to ensure i dont ruin anything :) 

Post a pic of your setup when you get it.

Cheers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

It's irrelevant which way it spins. One side or the other is always going to want to unwind. Blue loc-tite wrenched down with a 24 hour cure time solves the problem. 

Of course the new pinned pieces from Dennis solves it better. 

Ahh ok cool @ckreef ive done the blue loctite trick and it works well. Just when the loctite fails, just put some more on. Does the solid bar piece get around this issue @ckreef?

Thx

Hey Aussie,
I usually put a piece of wood to support the motor under it. the basket is quite heavy and with the protein in there too its even heavier, so if you dont balance the basket properly the motor will jump in places. I thought i would support the motor and put a long piece of wood under it that touches the ground so it doesn't hang. Hope you picture what i mean. ill try and take a pic when i get it out next.
Now with the spit rod only and not the basket, you may not need to support the motor at all as its quite lighter on the turn. its just with the basket (which is all i have at the moment) i thought it would be better to support the motor. The motor hangs out quite a bit as well.
With regards to the bracket, i have never had an issue with it, just personal preference to support the motor to ensure i dont ruin anything  
Post a pic of your setup when you get it.
Cheers.

Cheers mate I get ya will sus it out when it rocks up to easy