Pequod

The Fat Man Is In The House

47 minutes ago, Paul said:

Very nice!! They look great together. What did your new army friends think of the KK and the meal?

They're college guys, so as one said, thrilled not to be eating hot pockets! Kept thanking me, but told em they did me a huge favor, so small payment. 

The KK always draws comments. Nothing like 'em. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

Strap yourselves in. Fat Man and Little Boy are together! Sorry for the abundance of pics. I've got proud Papa syndrome! Perfect, and I mean PERFECTLY matched. Burley Hurley and his Army ROTC crew came through big time.:bounce:

Little Boy is searing some sous vide steaks for my new Army friends.

IMG_2205.JPG

First cook on Fat Man tomorrow. Planning to use the Octoforks for the first time as well. 

That steak is killing me and it's only breakfast time!   So what's cooking and spinning today?

38 minutes ago, Keith OctoForks said:

That steak is killing me and it's only breakfast time!   So what's cooking and spinning today?

You'll be pleased. First cook will also be my first cook with my OctoForks. Three slabs of St. Louis cut spares. Just finished measuring everything up. I may need to order another two sets of OctoForks just to get this thing anywhere close to capacity. 

Edited by HalfSmoke
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

You'll be pleased. First cook will also be my first cook with my OctoForks. Three slabs of St. Louis cut spares. Just finished measuring everything up. I may need to order another two sets of OctoForks just to get this thing anywhere close to capacity. 

Dang that would be a lot of bones spinning! lol  The most I've done is 4 full racks.    OBTW they'll cook faster than you're used too, I probe them with my instant read for tenderness.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

First cook will also be my first cook with my OctoForks. Three slabs of St. Louis cut spares

Should be delicious! Didn't MacKenzie say spinning ribs takes them to the next level? Can't wait to see how they turn out.

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Nice pics post wax job. 

Where's your rubber port for thermometer wires on the 32"? I didn't see it in any of the pics?

You're right...hard to see. They are there. One on both right and left sides at main grate level. 

Epilogue: Burley Hurley, cap’n of my moving crew, is now my future son-in-law. My daughter disagrees, but we all know it was the steak that did it. KK’s deliver more than food, folks. Just sayin’!

Edited by Pequod
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Pequod said:

Epilogue: Burley Hurley, cap’n of my moving crew, is now my future son-in-law. My daughter disagrees, but we all know it was the steak that did it. KK’s deliver more than food, folks. Just sayin’!

Congratulations!

7 hours ago, Pequod said:

Are you sure Burley Hurley isn't playing the long con and lining himself up for a KK inheritance? ;)

• Haha 3