Garvinque

The two fastest cars 0-60 MPH (Both Telsa's)

4 hours ago, tony b said:

DC motors are outstanding for producing lots of torque practically instantaneously! Ever ridden on the subway in San Francisco or Washington, DC? They get up to speed very quickly. 

4 hours ago, Garvinque said:

I have been on the Metro in DC, the best subway I have every been in or rode! I like these Telsa's and having a range nearly 300 miles makes for a great commuter car and short trip car!

Garvin

Y'all need to rethink your opinion of D.C. Metro...for now at least. I used to be a regular metro rider for my daily commute, but the system has gradually broken down and become highly irregular. Started killing people when trains were breaking down in tunnels with fires and smoke. Years of neglect and patchwork repairs finally gave way to a crash (no pun intended) program to get things up to snuff. But it requires shutting down different sections of track and stations for weeks at a time. This started last year and will supposedly be complete this fall. Until then, planned and unplanned service disruptions have resulted in yuge decreases in ridership (I must now drive to my office in Arlington :shock:). We're all crossing our fingers that all will be well AND safe AND reliable soon, but for now, plan on Uber if you come to D.C.  

• Like 1

The Tesla is quite fast in "Ludicrous" mode, but doesn't have a 295 mile range when going 0-60 sub 3 secs....

Also the Porsche 918 Spyder does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. It is a hybrid gas electric.

Several others beat the Tesla as well. Bugatti Veyron,  P1 McClaren come to mind

Edited by mk1

39 minutes ago, tony b said:

Good to know, even though I'm not planning any trips anytime soon. Before retirement, I travelled often to DC, two sometimes three times a month. Always flew into Reagan and used the Metro to get to my hotel and meetings. 

Cedar Rapids. Regular trips to D.C.  My fusion engine says Rockwell Collins.