ckreef

Low Country Boil

Not a KK cook but awesome just the same.

Early today Mrs skreef told me what was planned for dinner. I wasn't thrilled so she snuck out of the house and went to Kroger. This is what she came up with. Much better to start off a long week of work. 

Low Country Boil - shrimp, crawl daddies, crab, corn, sausage, potatoes and some Zatarains. It looked like a huge amount of food (that's a lg serving plater not a plate) but we tore it up. 

@Aussie Ora this will be on the menu. 

LCBa.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Shuley said:

You have this available at your grocery store????? I'm so jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL - well all the individual ingredients were at the grocery store or in our freezer anyway. She definitely hit a home run with this one. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

Looks tasty as no wonder it went quick can't wait lol what in the world is Zatarains it's in the pick so I will eat it lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Zatarains makes a lot of different seafood spices and flavored rice. Mostly with a Cajun taste. This is the version Mrs skreef  used. I'll put a couple different versions  in the next package heading your way. 

zcb.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Not sure I would have admitted that

I was the only African American on the school's crew team and the guys were talking about Lynyrd Skynyrd and Led Zeppelin and I ask who was those two dudes and after the laughter stop I was informed that they were groups not single men. Every school reunion that gets brought up and we all still laugh!

Garvin

• Like 3

LOL - well all the individual ingredients were at the grocery store or in our freezer anyway. She definitely hit a home run with this one. 

Oh ok, I was imagining this was prepared at the store! I can only get frozen precooked crab. Is that what she used? And if so how long did she boil it to reheat it? Seems like it could overcook easily since it had already been cooked once.

This is my "go to" for low country style boil.

https://www.amazon.com/Cajun-Land-Shrimp-Crawfish-Complete/dp/B00BVT5DWE

It helps if you toss in some lemons cut in half. 

I do like the Zatarains, too, but prefer the liquid version. It seems to have more kick to it than the dry.

https://www.amazon.com/ZATARAINS-Shrimp-Liquid-Concentrated-8-Ounce/dp/B00E01C7Q0

And if you want to the "real deal" - here's my source for live crawfish. They're in season now!

https://www.cajuncrawfish.com