CeramicChef

It's GREAT to be Back!

CeramicChef has entered the building!  After an extended absence, I'm back and ready to burn some lump!

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa for the extended absence.  I had a lot of overseas business that demanded my attention and I screwed up my Forum login here, hence my absence.  I just talked to Dennis yesterday and got my password reset

I went to Australia to help a friend of mine get his business in shape to sell.  The guy is a wonderful entrepreneur, but from an operational standpoint, he's a putz.  We got all the books lined out and negotiated the deal.  While there, I got a message from a buddy in New Zealand.  He asked me to come over and help him die.  Lymphoma.  Again.  That was tough duty.  Then I no sooner hit The States and I get a call from an old college buddy and he asks me to come to Houston to help him die as well and act as executor of his (sizable) estate.  Cancer on his brain stem.

Right now I'm feeling like Typhoid Mary.  I'm getting to that age where friends are starting to leave this world and its' rather sobering when you come to that realization.

I haven't burned any lump in a very long time.  Beauty and The Beast are right where I left them patiently waiting for a pork butt, some NY Strips, and the odd pizza.  I've gotta burn some lump and burn it soon.

I hope everyone has been well and cooking some great food.  Welcome to all the new KK Owners since I've been gone.  By now you realize what a great decision you made choosing to join Dennis and the KK Family.  

It's great to be back and I look forward to getting re-acquainted with my KK Family, seeing all your great cooks, and getting to know all the new members here.

• Like 8

I honestly been thinking about not seeing a comment or post from you here or the Guru, sorry about your friends but you going to them shows why you were friends to begin with. Glad to have you back.

Garvin

P.S Time for the beast to roar again

Edited by Garvinque
  • Like 1

Great to have you back, Ken!! Dennis and I had been corresponding recently about your absence - we were both worried about you, seeing as we'd not heard from you in months. Glad to hear that you are OK, but sorry about your buddies. Rough duty for sure, but you are a kind soul for helping them out in their final hours. Can't wait to see pics of Beauty and the Beast back in action!! 

Cheers, mate! :occasion5:

• Like 1

I was just thinking about you the other day wondering what adventures you must be on. I'm sorry to hear of your losses. It was so good of you to be with your buddies in their times of greatest need. Hope you post some delicious cooks soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1